Pet Hair Removal - Easy, quick and affordable!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Believeingsomething, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Believeingsomething

Believeingsomething New Member

Okay, I like to wear black and most of my cats have long white hair. They sit on my couch, my lap, my shoulder, pretty much any part of me they can park their furry little behinds!

Needless to say, I have gone through rolls and rolls of sticky tape lint remover. I've tried those new sticky rinse-able rollers that are out, tried the traditional nap lint removers and special vacuum attachments that are supposed to do the job.

The price of those things can add up, and those new rinse-able ones, well let's say you spend more time rinsing them and letting them dry than you do actually using them.

Do yourself a favour. The next time you go to the store, pick up a good old set of rubber gloves. (The ones that usually go up to your elbows ;) ). When you get home, put one on and start stroking your clothes in a downward motion. The cat fur will collect and you just pick it up and throw it away. So long as the gloves are clean, they will work wonderfully - they grab more off your clothes than any other method. And, if they don't grab something, it's usually a small burr that you can pick off manually.

Those gloves were the best investment I have ever made to remove pet hair. They need to be some kind of rubber though, the plastic ones don't work as well. So, if you're looking for latex-free rubber, they are out there and might cost you an extra dollar or so.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Believeingsomething, Aug 22, 2013
  2. Believeingsomething

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Great tip! I have such a cat hair problem, my cats are black and white so no matter what I wear, I have hair issues!!

Scottyxx, Aug 27, 2013
    blurinoctober likes this.
  3. Believeingsomething

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Seriously?! This is something I never thought of before! Thanks for the tip, next time I go to work or anything similar, I'll try it out. I've stopped caring about being covered in hair when I go hang out with friends and things, as they know how clingy my cats are. Sibyl crawls on their backs as well as mine! But, work. This would be very good for work, hah.

blurinoctober, Sep 14, 2013
  4. Believeingsomething

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I also heard that a window squeegie will take cat hair out of your carpet. I haven't tried this one, as I have given up on carpet haha!

Scottyxx, Oct 1, 2013
  5. Believeingsomething

Trellum Well-Known Member

Amazing and valuable tip! Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of investing on one of those cat hair removers! But I'm glad to know a rubber glove will do just fine at removing the cat hairs from my clothes. Really amazing! I stopped using some clothes because they had some cat hair on them; I'm going to try this asap :D

Trellum, Oct 7, 2013
Ask a Question