Perfumes, deodorants

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 9, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Does your cat have any particular opinion on the scents used around the house? For example, if you use a particular air freshener, do they stay outside and avoid the house? Or if you use a particular aftershave are they all over you for the rest of the day?
    We never used any air fresheners in the house and if any of us used deodorant, it would be just before we went out. As a result, I have no idea what my cat would have thought of these things.

GavinMcresty, May 9, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My current cat doesn't seem bothered by my pineapple mango air freshener.
    But in the past I had a cat that hated my lavender rug and room deodorizer so much that she would urinate wherever I used it, so I had to get rid of it.

ACSAPA, May 13, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

CatFour Active Member

After I take a bath and go to bed, one of my cats continuously sniffs my arms. I guess she smells the soap that I use, however it doesn't matter which soap it is. If I change brands, she does the same thing. I don't know if it's a smell that she likes or dislikes, but she sure knows that it's different.

CatFour, May 16, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

My cat doesn't seem to be bothered at all by smells in general :) Of course there are smells that will make him run to the very spot where I am! He's always in the kitchen when I'm cooking because he loves the smell :) But in general he doesn't seem to care about my perfume or my deodorant :)

Trellum, Dec 26, 2013
Ask a Question