Our new little girl Sasha

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Kay Dougall, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Kay Dougall

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

IMG_7357.JPG
    Here's a photo of Sasha and her big brother Koda. She was a feral kitten and he was a Malamute rescue.

Kay Dougall, Nov 25, 2014
    Herman&Eddie and Ian like this.
  2. Kay Dougall

Ian Administrator Staff Member

What a great photo!

Ian, Dec 2, 2014
  3. Kay Dougall

Anne Well-Known Member

Lovely. Twinkle used to cuddle with the dogs like that. My dogs are small breeds, so they looked like one big happy family. Now I am just left with my two dogs. Tonight is one of those nights I am thinking about him and missing him a lot. It's only been a few months since he passed.

I hope your little girl has settled in well. She sure looks like it in the picture.

Anne, Dec 12, 2014
  4. Kay Dougall

jeskalillis Active Member

How cute. I love when dogs and cats get along. I think I have only had one cat in my lifetime that was willing to snuggle up to a dog.

jeskalillis, May 3, 2015
  5. Kay Dougall

hi jeskalillis,
    We have always had dogs that needed to get along with cats, 'cause we have always had cats! We do a lot of fostering with Moonsong Malamute Rescue, a breed of dog that usually does NOT get along with small furry critters. But we've been able to foster several Mals in our cat-dominated household. I'm so busy worrying about cat-friendly dogs that I forget about the dog-friendliness of the cats. And our cranky old cat Zacky is not too keen on new dogs. When Koda first came home, Zacky bloodied his nose. Yikes!

Kay Dougall, May 3, 2015
  6. Kay Dougall

jeskalillis Active Member

Ouch!! I have seen that sometimes it is the cat who does not like the dog, when all the dog wants to do is sniff it.

I think it is great that you foster Malamutes. I wish I was able to keep a dog where I live. The humane society here is always looking for someone to foster a dog, because there is no room at the shelter. If I was able to I would definitely do it.

jeskalillis, May 4, 2015
  7. Kay Dougall

Anne Well-Known Member

I can speak for hours on how well the cat got on with the dogs. When I hear people complain about the opposite result I simply cannot identify with it. It makes me think more fondly of Twinkle when I read those stories. It makes me believe more that she was meant for this household but not for such a short period of time.

Anne, May 10, 2015
  8. Kay Dougall

Grimp Member

aww he looks like a feral cat that turned up in my garden a while back, he was constantly meowing over and over. I was trying to sleep so I went outside and tries to find him to shoo him away, anyway he ended up following me and meowing right outside my bedroom window. I went outside again and petted him and gave him a little food and eventually he went to sleep in the bushes for the night, dunno where he ended up after that, but im sure he was on one hell of an adventure hahaha

Grimp, May 13, 2015
  9. Kay Dougall

Whoa Grimp,
    Sounds like you might be infected with the "cat-lovin' bug." There's no cure, you understand, but you do have a lot a sympathetic souls on this website (at least) that are in the same boat as you are. I have four (4) cats, and I love them dearly, but they do disrupt my sleep, wake me up in the middle of the night and yowl for food. Welcome to Cathow. I just love this website, hope you do too.

Kay Dougall, May 14, 2015
  10. Kay Dougall

Tess New Member

Those are the cutest animals.

Tess, May 15, 2015
  11. Kay Dougall

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh my! Kay, you have been blessed with such a beautiful family. Thanks a lot for rescuing those two, it's great you are being part of the solution and not part of the problem, just like the vast majority of folks in america.

Trellum, May 29, 2015
Ask a Question