Our cats :D

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by CinnamonKiss, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Here are our cats, Sassy & Dusty!
    397215_3859700211087_564230236_n.jpg 524023_3533419534274_1684800756_n.jpg

Sassy was a stray and we're not sure if her own mother died or abandoned her. We had to work with her because she was scared of humans and it took us some time before she became part of our family. Her person in my younger sister. Dusty is one of five kittens that Sassy had. He's a whopping 16 lbs of pure cat baby. He's 4 this coming April and he's developed odd little quirks since we babied and handled him when he was a kitten. Dusty spends his free time hunting and waiting on his humans to get out of the shower. Dusty's people are me and my mom but will show up to receive love from all of us. Or food, he will accept certain food.
    Dusty and Sassy are known to tag-team to kill our wildlife and are pretty successful at it. Sassy's favorite are baby snakes and salamanders :confused:
    Our cats are most still when they're sleeping so that's what they're doing in most pictures I have. And Dusty is sleeping on his side on my CLEAN clothes.

CinnamonKiss, Nov 29, 2012
  2. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

So cute!

My cat does exactly the same thing as Dusty, whenever I am doing the laundry my cat dives into the clothes and snuggles in! Apparently they just hate any clothes without cat hair on them!

Scottyxx, Nov 30, 2012
  3. CinnamonKiss

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Did you say 16 lbs? Wow, that's a lot of cat. Good to know that they are hunters. Reminds me of the bunch I had before. The mother was an avid hunter. She would train all her kittens to hunt, too. Her favorite prey was squirrel. One of her sons caught only baby monitor lizards.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  4. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Yes, 16 lbs. :) The vet says he's all cat though so he must be large structured and muscle-y. His mom is so small, I joke that Dusty is part mountain lion or bobcat. They're two of the best hunters we've had! Sounds like you had a lot of cats hunting at the same time, which makes for more animal bodies. Sometimes one of ours will bring in two kills before the afternoon is up. We don't have many squirrels around here but we do have field mice and rabbits. I bet your monitor lizards population suffered if they were all he was after! They do such a good job but then we humans are stuck with the disposal.:eek:

CinnamonKiss, Dec 2, 2012
  5. CinnamonKiss

Crazy4Cats Active Member

They are adorable, love their coats and the names. The way they are sleeping reminds me of the way my cat sleeps, either on my bed, or under my bed where the vent is.

Crazy4Cats, Dec 8, 2012
  6. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cats are big, I think once the finally stop growing (if they ever do) Bandit will be around the 16lb mark. Right now he is 10.5, but he was 13lbs before he got sick. They are almost 2 but I swear they are still growing!

Scottyxx, Dec 10, 2012
  7. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

They're both gorgeous. That picture of Dusty sleeping on the clean laundry with his paws in the air is adorable. It's obvious that Dusty is the love of your life because you talk about him a lot.

ACSAPA, Mar 11, 2013
  8. CinnamonKiss

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, so cute and sassy! I love their names. Your kitties look so comfortable and loved. They are so lucky to have found you. I feel so sad for babies who are abandoned.

steph84, Feb 24, 2014
  9. CinnamonKiss

lowen Member

Dusty is a happy fella )

lowen, Nov 7, 2014
Ask a Question