Ouch my cat just bite me!

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Herman&Eddie, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Okay. I do not mean that my Eddie, just out and out bite me. It was more like an attack nibble, but still I screamed out an ouch. :eek:

It happens far too often. She likes to hang out next to me, while I am typing on my keyboard. Then, all of the sudden she pounces on my hands. I am not sure, why she does this. I mean, after all, it is not like I making any sudden movements towards her. I am just typing. She sees me doing it all the time!

Hmm, I know she likes attention anyway she can get it. Maybe she loves to hear me give that high pitched scream.:p Truly, she is so quick and sneaky about it every time, I do not see the attack coming. Believe me, if I did, I would protect myself! :mad:

Anyone else have a cat that likes to attack them, while you are on the computer? :(

Herman&Eddie, Apr 8, 2015
  2. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

Lol, sounds like she was frustrated and couldn't take it anymore, she just snapped and attacked your hand :p Sounds like she wanted some attention ;) My bob attacks my hand too if he is getting tired of me petting him. He just does that, not too hard of course, but still, lol. Kinda annoying! I guess that is the way they tell each other to stop... I guess :p

Trellum, Apr 9, 2015
  3. Herman&Eddie

Huh! If only we would listen to out cats, when they say enough is enough! But oh no, we all push them to their limits don't we! It is like we can not help ourselves! So, sometimes, it is not like they are to blame for their little nibbles, but gosh, it catches me by surprise every time. My son will be like, mom, I told your to watch out! Then, he will be like, be sure to put some peroxide and a band aid. He is big on the first-aid kit in the house. Me, I think a tissue paper does the trick just fine! ;)

Herman&Eddie, Apr 9, 2015
  4. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, at least you kitty doesn't play rough all the time ;) I know a kitty (who was a stray cat most of his life until he was rescued) who didn't have proper socialization, so when you play with it he just doesn't retract his nails ever! He keeps them out and sharp! That means huge scratches if you are not very careful!

Trellum, Apr 10, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  5. Herman&Eddie

Vitani Member

I have a cat that bites noses or just bites to get attention. I was told by a vet that at that point he is being over excited and stimulated. It could be my presence that is causing the love bites. Unless you have a kitten, then kittens will attack anything that move!

Vitani, Jul 25, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  6. Herman&Eddie

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like she is just doing it for attention. She knows you are busying doing other things and not paying attention to her so to get your attention she attacks you. She might like the reaction she gets from you. She is going about it all the wrong way. Not sure how you could stop her from the nasty habit though. Cat bites are no fun and they hurt.

Susan Brown, Jul 25, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  7. Herman&Eddie

Exactly, Susan! She loves attention and knows for certain how to get it from me. It just when I give Eddie too much attention that she lets me know enough is enough, too. lol Nowadays, I moved the computer around since we have a new place. (Yep, that is why I have not been on this forum in awhile and boy did I miss the fun!) Anyways, she is not able to get at my hands with such ease anymore. Of course, she is laying right next to me like a queen, as always purring away.

Herman&Eddie, Aug 7, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
Ask a Question