Oddest places your cats hang out in your house

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Neo, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Neo

Neo Member

For me 2 of my cats stay in my cabinets above my sink. I'll be washing dishes, and not even paying attention I'll see my cats paw reaching down at me. It's super funny when they do that.

My others have spots as well. One hangs out on top of the refrigerator.

Where are some places you've noticed?

Neo, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Neo

cluckeyo Active Member

Daisy hangs out all over the place. He goes in pretty much monthly cycles, and moves from one place to another. Stays there until he gets tired of it and then finds another place. This month he is "steaming it" out on the concrete floor of our west exposure front porch. Mind you, we live in Texas and it is August!! I don't know how he can stand the heat but he seems to really be enjoying himself.

cluckeyo, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Neo

Novelangel Active Member

Callie-sue likes to hang out on top of my PC tower, which used to be really inconvenient with the old tower because it had the power button on the top and she would press that thing almost every time she got up there, and shut down the computer the wrong way. Now the PC that we currently have has the power button on the front, which is much preferable as she can't turn it off anymore.

She also likes to sleep on top of the bedroom fan, which has a flat, round top. Since it vibrates when it runs, she gets vibrated to sleep every night. When she's not sleeping there she's stretched out beside me and my hubby in the big bed and she takes up at least a third of the mattress all by herself because she likes to stretch out perpendicular to us rather than parallel. Woe to the foot that accidentally kicks her during the night too. :D

Novelangel, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Neo

Anne Well-Known Member

Buried in my clothes anytime I left a cupboard door slightly ajar and I did that a lot. Then there was this shelf in the basement where I found him a few times.I was frantic whenever I could not find him at first thinking he had disappeared. I found those things so funny in the end. He brought me so much joy, I can't even explain. I wish I could bring him back.

Anne, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Neo

casey84 Active Member

On top of the refrigerator?! Wow! I've never seen my cat get up there!

My cat mainly just crawls under stuff, where you wouldn't think there was even enough space to get under there - and falls asleep! Low-sitting cabinets and stuff, he just finds his own way to shimmy in under there! We've had times where we have been like "Where is Casey?!" and upon looking for some time have found him curled up underneath a dresser!

casey84, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Neo

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Merle likes to get under clothes or blankets so I always have to be careful not to step on him or sit on him. Harley likes to crawl inside the couch. I keep trying to keep him out of there but he keeps going back.

Susan Brown, Aug 16, 2016
  7. Neo

Rufino Member

When it comes to palces to hang out they really pick the oddest ones, my Dad recently made a mess of wires and other electrical parts in the back of the house and all my cats always stay around that mess, they really love playing with the wires and such things, sometimes they get trapped and start helping each other, such a lovely thing to watch, indeed.

Rufino, Aug 16, 2016
  8. Neo

cluckeyo Active Member

We have a couple of wing back, upholstered chairs on our front porch. I found this little kitten that just showed up, laying there curled up in the chair. We will be moving her inside as soon as I can get some kitty litter. I'm going shopping today.

cluckeyo, Aug 17, 2016
Ask a Question