New Kitten

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by tactac, Nov 16, 2010.

1. tactac

tactac New Member

Morning Everyone.
    i have a question and would appreciate any help and advice, I homed a kitten on Sunday 14.11.10 as he needed a new home ASAP my concern is that i work mon-fri 9-5 im worried that he will be lonely, should i take time off work to be with him or will he be ok without me for those few hours. My flatmate goes in and feeds him and set times but she cant really look after him as she has a year old daughter to care for.

Is there anything i should do or am i just worrying to much?

Thank you

TT

tactac, Nov 16, 2010
  2. tactac

catconnection Member

Hello,

By now you probably have answered your own question. If your new kitten has not "bonded" with you then it is not an issue. If, by now the kitten has "bonded" with you then here are my suggestions based upon my experience.

First, provide a couple of toys to keep him occupied. Orange or Pink ping pong balls are GREAT! He can chase them all over your flat. Also a modkicker with catnip willl keep him happy. Remember, cats sleep nearly 18 hours a day so he probably will spend part of the day napping. Secondly, when you arrive home give him your undivided attention. Talk to him in a calming voice and spend time just scratching him. Perhaps, even brushing him. Let him know you missed him and that he is number one in your book.

He will adjust to your schedule and everything will be fine.

catconnection, Dec 1, 2010
Ask a Question