Named After A King

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by ufomundo, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ufomundo

ufomundo New Member

Okay, okay...I'm a huge Elvis fan and named my cat after the man. It wasn't my intention to name a pet after my hero, but it also wasn't my idea to get a cat, either.

Elvis was a surprise from my parents during a very low point in my life, and the moment I first saw him I was reminded of The King. He was white all over (jumpsuit), had a black patch on his head (Elvis hair) and purred like no cat I've ever met before (Elvis' legendary voice). How on earth could I name him anything else??

[​IMG]

He's the one friend who has never let me down. I love him as much as I'm sure everyone on these forums love their cat(s). :)

ETA: And yes, that's a rooster hand puppet. I used the rooster to play with Elvis when he was young and now they're friends. I don't even know if that's healthy, but it sure is cute. lol.

ufomundo, Sep 25, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. ufomundo

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Elvis is very cute, I love the story about how you got him and how you chose his name. The rooster puppet is cute too. Thank you for sharing your photos.

ACSAPA, Sep 25, 2012
  3. ufomundo

Becky Well-Known Member

What a beautiful cat! Welcome to the forums :)

Becky, Sep 26, 2012
  4. ufomundo

ufomundo New Member

Thank you for the kind words and warm welcome! :)

ufomundo, Sep 26, 2012
  5. ufomundo

Leroy and Ava Well-Known Member

Hi Elvis!

haha Elivis is probly saying uhmmmm Thank youu very muchh aha.;)

Lovely boy =]

My Leroys name means the king...and Ava's means Voice and she has one good voice on her she talks to me 24/7:) and you can tell with Leroy if he was with a pack of cats he would be the king.

Yes there is some nasty people in this world but your cats will always love you for who you are and never want you to change =] and always be there for you.

Leroy and Ava, Sep 26, 2012
  6. ufomundo

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, Elvis is so cute! I love your cute text over his pictures too. You can tell that Elvis gets a lot of love and is the king of your house. Does he like to listen to Elvis too?

steph84, Sep 26, 2012
  7. ufomundo

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

Adorable cat and an excellent choice in a name! I also received my newest kitten at a particularly low point in my life and it's truly amazing what a little "fur therapy" can do for a person!

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 30, 2012
  8. ufomundo

Daintipawz Well-Known Member

Elvis is lovely,I love his story of how he became Elvis. My sister had a cat called Elvis too.

Daintipawz, Oct 7, 2012
Ask a Question