Name some cat breeds that tend to be aggressive

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, May 20, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

I know some types of cats that are more aggressive than other breeds of cats. Siamese cats tend to be more aggressive than other types of cats. Name some other types of cats that tend to be more aggressive. Cat lovers should be aware of the different types of cats that aren't as affectionate as others.

Jenny Heart, May 20, 2012
  2. Jenny Heart

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I have never had a Siamese but I have petted a few that belonged to my friends. They are not really aggressive. Just a bit aloof.

The one really aggressive cat that I have met is a Chinchilla. The owner had already warned me not to pet it but I thought he was just joking, so I put out my hand towards its head. Without any warning, it swiped my hand and gave me a nasty slash that spewed blood immediately. Then it just walked away.

Victor Leigh, May 21, 2012
  3. Jenny Heart

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

To be honest the only agressive breed of cat that I know of is Siames cats. I haven't been around kittens/cats enough to know which breeds are agressive and what not.

BeautifulAngel, Jun 21, 2012
  4. Jenny Heart

tajnz Well-Known Member

:eek: Wow, I've never heard of Siamese being viscious. I thought they just had aloof personalities too. I'll be careful if I ever come across one, unless it's owner tells me otherwise. Best to be on the safe side right? Oh and Victor Leigh I'm sorry you got injured by a Chinchilla, yikes! It's owner must of been mortified/embarassed.

tajnz, Jul 3, 2012
  5. Jenny Heart

The Chinchilla's owner was my student. Actually he did tell me not to pat the cat but it was so adorable that I ignored his warning. The odd part was that it didn't show any warning signs at all. No spitting or hissing. Just one swipe with its sharp claws. Then it just stood up and walked off slowly like nothing had happened.

Victor Leigh, Jul 4, 2012
  6. Jenny Heart

Dani72 Member

Burmese can be very aggressive towards other cats. They are generally mild natured and affectionate at home, but they are very territorial and have been known to go out of their way to attack, even to the extent of going into other people's property to hunt down cats that they have a grudge against.

Dani72, Jul 4, 2012
  7. Jenny Heart

Oho, that's really aggressive. I have seen strays doing that but not in pure breeds. Some strays, usually toms, behave like thugs and go around the neighborhood looking for fights.

Victor Leigh, Jul 5, 2012
Ask a Question