My shining star...Twinkle

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Anne, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Thank you again Herman & Eddie. The star shining down really makes me smile warmly. Once Twinkle passed I swore I would never own another cat but as time passed and as others in the forum would encourage me I started to entertain the idea of owning a cat again and then my son in fine fashion " brings me' another dog bringing the number to four. I was quite happy with the three I already had but there is something about my son, this household and animals in recent years that seems to say 'come, you are welcomed here". The dog conversation is another story for elsewhere.

So I am reading your kind words and before I was thinking Herman & Edey make an interesting username only to learn later it's really the names of your cats. Then I pause to go see if I can learn more about Herman & Eddie only to find the most amusing and interesting story. I'm off to read about Herman & Eddie again.

Anne, Apr 14, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. Anne

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I just read all your posts on here and my heart is breaking. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling. I am glad you enjoyed him for the short time you had him. He may have only been with you a short time but he will be in your heart forever. He was a special kitty. The pain of losing a fur baby is so strong. They are your family. He certainly was a handsome boy.

Susan Brown, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. Reading this thread again brings back all the emotion and I know he would be here now resting or just hanging out with the girls (dogs) and myself. Thankfully, I still have my dogs and a new addition that is quite a handful, but there was something about Twinkle that just took me by surprise and completely stole my heart. He is forever in my heart.

Anne, Jul 27, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  4. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I am a little emotional today. It's been more than a year and sometimes it just feels like yesterday. I've been thinking about her/him a lot recently. While my dogs are great there was something about him that make me smile warmly on a cloudy day.

Anne, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Anne

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

I understand what how you are feeling upon the anniversary of the passing of your Twinkle. Although you still have your dogs and I have my two cats, one never forgets the special joy and bond we had with our deceased pets. Actually, we still celebrate their birthdays. It may sound strange to others, but the attachment and memories remain, even after several years.

When I say celebrate, I do not mean with cake and candles in honor of their birthday, nor do I mean a funeral service. I mean more like we set a little memento (we are big on little stones) by their graveside, if we are able to get there, Mostly it is just setting their picture out in a more visible spot and reflecting for a moment.

Thinking of your Twinkle, the name reminds me of either a little star or a little bell. I think, I shall ring a little bell in his honor, as a way to honor your cat.

Herman&Eddie, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Anne

Anne Well-Known Member

This made me smile warmly. My gardener who always kept the area where he buried her well maintained got sacked by my husband.He stole a phone but he was such a good gardener I am willing to forgive him. I want to go sprinkle some petals on the area but the bush is so high. I feel so awful they just buried him where he was found. I can go there or look through my bedroom window now the plot is vacant but if ever someone builds there,it would be covered. If I had not completely lost it I would have been able to give him the proper burial he deserved

Celebrate, however you think best. I think it is very kind what you do for your loved ones. I'd exhume twinkle and bury him at home if I could tell the truth. Nothing seems weird to me now I have experienced that joy he brought me. If I am being honest, maybe things might have seemed a little extreme if I did not experience it myself. I like the bell being rung. That's very sweet and kind.

Anne, Sep 7, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question