My newest Cat toy!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Mar 3, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I bought one of these for my cats and Bella just loves it! Booger and Tigger chased it a few minutes and then got bored but Bella will spend hours chasing it. LOL

[​IMG]

SheWolfSilver, Mar 3, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Is that a laser light toy? I thought laser lights are not recommended as toys for cats.

Victor Leigh, Mar 4, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

Yolanda Well-Known Member

There are laser lights they can play with, but you have to be careful with them. There are different levels on how dangerous they are which are mentioned on the toy. It's not recommended your cat looks straight into the laser because that can damage the retina as far as I know. I've seen laser toys that look awesome, but you have to be on watch continuously when they play with it and I am to much of a scaredy cat to use them. I have a small regular light pointer which my cats love, but this toy looks great as well. I wouldn't dare using it myself though.

Yolanda, Mar 4, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

Well, this one is continuously moving so I don't think there's any danger of it shining right in her eye. She's already getting kind of bored with it for the first couple of days she loved it. LOL

SheWolfSilver, Mar 5, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. SheWolfSilver

Actually, I'm a little confused! You see I got this Friday when I took the cats in for their boosters and my vet said that since my cats were strictly in door cats it would be good to keep them active. Especially Booger who is already over weight. If it's harmful why did they sell it to me? Should I ask them about this? I'm kind of concerned and aggravated now!

6. SheWolfSilver

I think something like this works better:

[​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Mar 5, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

Shole Member

Lol those are some awesome toys i have to get one for my cat :) anyone got any suggestion it loves to chase mouse looking things :D

Shole, Mar 5, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

I actually had one of those and she broke it the very first night. LOL

9. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

Ooh that laser toy is so cool! I saw one for dogs on ABC's "The Chew" last week. The dogs were going nuts and thought I'd get one for my cat. I'm def going to have to get one because my cats break all of their toys.

steph84, Mar 6, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

My cats play with laser toys and love them. They have not had any problems with them, I just feel sorry for them as they can obviously never really catch it!

magickat, Mar 6, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

Well, I talked to my vet about the laser being harmful and he said that I shouldn't worry. He said you would have to point the laser right at the eye and hold it there for several seconds for it to be harmful. He also said when laser lights first came out they were a lot stronger than they are today. The ones today are much weaker and it would take a lot for it to be harmful. So, Bella is back to enjoying her toy! LOL

SheWolfSilver, Mar 6, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  12. SheWolfSilver

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that SheWolfSilver! I thought I should let you know what I heard and knew about them, but it's good to hear that they aren't that harmful any more. Great that she's enjoying it once again! :)

Yolanda, Mar 17, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

Now that the safety issue of laser toys for cats have been cleared up, here's another one:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Mar 18, 2012
Ask a Question