My kitties

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Yolanda, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Here are some pictures or my precious little fuzzballs :)
    From left to right:
    Beertje ("Little Bear" in Dutch), Poekie, Karma, DJ and Bollie ("Chubby" in Dutch)

P8260039.JPG PA290011.JPG PB010025.JPG PC080155.JPG P5120018.JPG

Beertje is a red male cat who is 12 years old. He actually was my moms cat but when I moved out he moved in with me and my boyfriend. He was missing Poekie, the second cat in the pictures, to much. They are best friends. Beertje loves to curl up beside people for attention and cuddles.

Poekie is my boyfriends cat. He's a black and white 7 year old male cat. He loves to cuddle and is very talkative. He doesn't ask for attention, he demands it! LOL :)

DJ is a four your old female tabby. She is very sensitive in every possible way. She has trouble with her teeth and when she gets anxious or stressed she grooms herself to the extent that she gets bald spots. Luckily we have this under control now, but she does require a bit of extra TLC and a steady, quiet environment.

Karma is a three year old female (not sure what the name of her coloring is) and Bollie's 'older' sister (about 5 minutes older? ;-). She and her brother are very close. She's very protective of him as well. Karma loves to play with water, especially with dripping faucets.

Bollie is a three year old male tabby. He's legally blind but manages himself very well. He is very affectionate and follows me around the house, meowing. When I reply he knows where I am and he uses this to determine where I go. He craves attention 24/7 and because he is blind he's a very talkative kitty as well. Bollie also retrieves toys when you throw them for him to fetch.

Love to see and hear about all your kitties as well!

Attached Files:

Yolanda, Nov 20, 2011
  2. Yolanda

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, I really love your pictures! Thanks for posting them. Your cats have such unique and interesting names. I really like the name Bollie. One of my cats is also blind and sometimes he gets scared of my shadow, but he's the most affectionate cat I've ever had. He's crosseyed as well so some people make fun of him, but he's a specila little guy. I feel like I know your cats now after reading about them.

steph84, Nov 24, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  3. Yolanda

It's nice to meet someone who has a blind cat as well, I haven't before and I always hoped I would to share stories and tips.
    I once had a cat who had vampire-like fangs and a mental dissability. She would trip over everything and bump into everything, but she seemed happy and was very affectionate as well. She had a happy life even though it was short (she could've never grown old in her condition), but I am thankful I have been able to know and love her. People made fun of her as well so I know how that feels. The important thing is that he's got you, and cats can sense that ;)

Yolanda, Nov 24, 2011
  4. Yolanda

steph84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Yolanda! It's so nice to meet other people who truly care for their pets and I'm glad we can swap stories. I recently rescued 4 kitties with 6 toes. I was so worried that no one would adopt them, but I was totally wrong! We found friends and family who thought that they were so cute and "unique" (their words, not mine. I think every cat is unique!) so they were adopted fairly quickly. I wish you and your cats well!

steph84, Nov 26, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  5. Yolanda

Thank you so much, steph! I always thought the same thing, but it seems like pets with a disability are sometimes even more wanted than others. We once had a foster dog with three legs that got more views of potential new owners than a perfectly healthy, younger other dog.

Yolanda, Nov 26, 2011
  6. Yolanda

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

So really cute, all of them! You sure can tell that all of us on this forum are cat lovers!

Wahcashmom, Dec 4, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  7. Yolanda

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Yolanda they are adorable and I love how DJ is smiling for her photo!

Micheleteresa, Dec 15, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  8. Yolanda

amy005 Well-Known Member

Such cute cats! I just love the orange one. I have always loved orange cats.. I adopted a small orange kitten a few years ago after it was attacked by a dog. He ended up losing an eye and just became too hard for me to care for. My mother in law is thankfully taking care of him now so I still see him once in a while but he sure is different, although still loveable.

amy005, Dec 20, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  9. Yolanda

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

All of your cats are beautiful. I must say that it is very good of you to keep a blind cat. There are so many people these days that will just take them to a shelter if they have a problem like this. I definitely have to commend you for this action!

dkramarczyk, Apr 11, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  10. Yolanda

Thanks everyone! I used that picture of DJ on last years holiday card. She was really posing and showing off in that picture, lol!

Yolanda, Nov 18, 2012
  11. Yolanda

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

They're all adorable and I agree that DJ looks like she's smiling.
    I like all their names and I think it's great that you are a loving parent to a couple of cats that have health problems because it's not easy to care for a cat that needs special attention, but they can be amazing ,loving pets too, and it's definitely worth it to have them in your life.

ACSAPA, Mar 13, 2013
Ask a Question