My cat plays musical places...

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by cluckeyo, Jun 16, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Active Member

He finds himself a place to get comfy and stays there almost exclusively for a couple of weeks. Then he goes on the hunt and finds a new favorite spot, stays there a couple of weeks. Then he repeats the steps over and over. He has been in every spot I can think of. Don't know if he'll start over after he finds the last one.

cluckeyo, Jun 16, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Valerie Active Member

That's cute. I used to have a cat who did the same thing. Except he never left the couch. One week, he'd be perched on the top, over the left side. Next, we'd find him lounging against the pillow for a few days before switching to the opposite side of the sofa. Once, someone (my grandmother) accidentally sat in the cat's "place" and Maxwell, the cat, raised absolute Hell trying to get her to evacuate the seat.

Valerie, Jun 16, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Trellum Well-Known Member

That sounds like a very fun behavior, I'd think that he sees this as some sort of game ;) Your kitty must be very smart and have a great sense of humor ;)

Trellum, Jun 16, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My older cat is the same way. He sleeps in the same place for weeks at a time. I always know where to find him and then one day he will just up and find a new place and that will be his spot for weeks and then he moves again. He has been doing that for years and yes he does end up back in the same places over time. My other cat isn't like that. He likes to be around us all the time. He loves attention!

Susan Brown, Jul 8, 2016
Ask a Question