My cat Marley

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by amy005, Nov 22, 2011.

1. amy005

amy005 Well-Known Member

This is a picture of my cat Marley. He is part Simease. I had had him for the past 7 years since he was a kitten. He is very friendly and active. Mainly an indoor cat but he spends a fair amount of time outside except for during winter. He enjoys bringing home mice unfortunately.

[​IMG]

amy005, Nov 22, 2011
    Belligerent and Yolanda like this.
  2. amy005

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Yeah, our red male did that when he was still outdoors when I still lived with my parents. My mom is terrified of mice and he would always try and give them to her because he loved her so much. He would keep trying while my mom would kept trying to get away,.. lol! I felt kind of bad for me, though ;-)

Yolanda, Nov 22, 2011
  3. amy005

amy005 Well-Known Member

Lol who doesn't hate mice! I especially hate finding dead mice sitting out in front of my house or in my garage. The most disgusting smell ever! I remember once I found one underneath my computer desk. I had wondered what smelled so gross. EEW.

amy005, Nov 22, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  4. amy005

Becky Well-Known Member

We used to have a cat when we lived in a really rural area - it was a rescue cat, and he was only a year old when we got him (he belonged to an old lady who called him Sue... we renamed him Fred!). He loved being in the countryside, and showed us how much he liked it by piling dead mice outside the backdoor! If we were lucky we sometimes got a dead rabbit too... !!

Becky, Nov 23, 2011
  5. amy005

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Marley is so cute! I really do love the color of your cat, looks so soft and warm looking. I think just about all cats love those mice, I know my cats sure do!

Wahcashmom, Dec 16, 2011
  6. amy005

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I can see the Siamese in Marley. Particularly the red color in his eyes.

I had a mouser once, he was a tuxedo cat named Opus (for the comic strip penguin). We had an apartment in a building that wasn't the best-kept-up ever and would sometimes hear a mouse in the walls. Opus always greeted us at the door when we came home, except one day, when I couldn't get close to Opus to pet him. He walked over to something that looked like a hairball and touched it with his nose. It was the corpse of the mouse.

Once I acknowledged what a fine hunter he was, he let me pet him. We discreetly threw the mouse away later.

Wallie0921, Dec 16, 2011
  7. amy005

amy005 Well-Known Member

Yes my cat just loves bringing us presents. We have had a few bunnies as well. It is sad to see the baby ones though :(. Mice are gross so I do not mind that he kills them.. but I just am not a fan of seeing them all over my yard and garage lol but that's just part of owning an outdoor cat!

amy005, Dec 20, 2011
  8. amy005

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Marley is adorable! He is probably very proud of himself that he is bringing you his catches. I had one cat in Puerto Rico who loved to line them up on the front steps of the house and was very proud of the "gifts" she brought!

Micheleteresa, Dec 23, 2011
  9. amy005

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Aww, that's his way of sharing the wealth. Mice are delicacies to cats so when he brings them home to you, he just sharing something good to eat.

Victor Leigh, Dec 26, 2011
  10. amy005

Fleexie Member

He is a pretty cat :)
    I dont remember were I read it but when cats are bringing home mice its because they want to show you that they appereciate what you do to them like when you are giving them food and such. Also its just their way show love.

Fleexie, Dec 26, 2011
  11. amy005

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Marley is gorgeous. First of all, I love that name! Secondly, I love the white marks around his eyes.. he is too gorgeous. I bet he has a great personality. I love the personalities of Siamese cats- they take awhile to warm up to strangers, but they are exceptionally loyal and sweet to their masters.

Belligerent, Jan 15, 2012
  12. amy005

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

He just wants to bring home mice as a "present" for you. At least that's what I've heard. He is so adorable though. Definitely some pretty coloring on him.

dkramarczyk, Apr 13, 2012
  13. amy005

steph84 Well-Known Member

I just had to come and check out Marley's pictures. I have a dog name Marley. Here is my Marley!

381676_104290383019577_100003158469737_18750_1924770221_n.jpg

steph84, Apr 15, 2012
  14. amy005

magickat Well-Known Member

Marley is lovely! It must be a popular name as my friend just got a kitten and called him Marlee, he's black and white with a pink nose :)

magickat, Apr 20, 2012
  15. amy005

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

The other possible reason for all the mousey presents is that he may think that you need training in catching mice. So the first lesson is to know what a mouse looks like. Then you get to know how to tell the age of the mice by looking at their tails ...

Victor Leigh, Apr 21, 2012
  16. amy005

Anna T Active Member

Marley is a cute cat! My cats also like to bring home whatever they can find and lay it on my doorstep :) Kind of annoying (frightening) habit they have.

Anna T, Apr 22, 2012
  17. amy005

Crazy4Cats Active Member

Cute cat, love the face with the grey and white on the mouth. I like that name Marley, it's cute. I had a Simease cat once back long time ago when I was 5 years old.

Crazy4Cats, Dec 10, 2012
  18. amy005

tajnz Well-Known Member

Marley is adorable thanks for sharing a picture of him. Oh and I can really see the Siamese in him. :) As for the presents Marley brings you I've never heard of a cat bringing back rabbits. I admit poor rabbits, but Marley seems to be quite the hunter if he's able to catch them. Anyhow Marley looks like a real sweetheart.

tajnz, Dec 12, 2012
  19. amy005

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Marley is a handsome little guy. I like the white markings on his face, they're unusual.
    I agree with the posters that said dead mice are gross and it's horrifying when your cat brings you a 'present". And yet I think the same mice are cute when I see them at the pet store being sold as feeder mice for snakes.
    I don't think it's that I hate mice in general, I just dislike wild mice because they're dirty and carry disease.

My current cat hasn't found any mice, but she has brought me a lizard, which I found kind of depressing because geckos are common here in Florida and I like them a lot. Poor little lizard. :(

ACSAPA, Feb 22, 2013
Ask a Question