My cat makes strange noises when it looks out the window at birds

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Neo, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Neo

Neo Member

I believe I have one of the most funniest cats ever. My couch sits right in front of our living room window, and my cat loves to sit on top of it. One day not too long ago, I noticed my cat using it's paw to hold down the blinds to look out, it was so amazing and funny.

We have birds that are always in our yard, and my cat just starts making these smacking like noises with his mouth whenever he stares out there at them.

I want to understand what that noise means, anyone knows? I know he is looking at the birds, but the noises are so weird and funny. I don't do anything about it, I just want to know if it's doing it because it wants to chase them or something. Generally it happens in the morning before noon.

Neo, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Neo

casey84 Active Member

casey84, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Neo

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats also do that when they are watching birds. It almost sounds as though they are chirping. We have ducks that are always out on our front lawn. They watch them for hours. I love listening to the sounds they make. It is adorable. Thanks for posting the link casey. I am definitely going to read it.

Susan Brown, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Neo

catly254 Member

This is quite interesting information, thanks for sharing.

catly254, Feb 15, 2017
Ask a Question