My Cat Hates My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, Sep 17, 2013.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

My 7 year old cat Kitty Love, pictured in my profile picture, hates my best friend. He absolutely hates him. My friend came over for margaritas last night and was petting Kitty Love when Kitty Love snapped and bit him. This is about the 5th time Kitty Love has bit my friend. He doesn't bite anyone else except for my friend and he is the nicest guy in the world. He once even ripped his sweater and bit at his sleeve. Any way to fix this relationship? It's so weird that he only hates him.

steph84, Sep 17, 2013
  2. steph84

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Does your friend have pets? If Kitty Love smells something on your friend that he doesn't like, like another cat, it could explain why he's aggressive toward your friend.

ACSAPA, Sep 24, 2013
  3. steph84

Trellum Well-Known Member

Uhm this sounds like a really odd thing, I saw this happening once... but I must say I understand the cat in that situation. Mostly because the other person wasn't treating him very well. I'm not saying this is the case at all, but... maybe your friend stepped on you cat's tail by mistake a while ago? Is there a chance that could have happened? Cats seem to have a great memory!

Trellum, Sep 28, 2013
Ask a Question