My cat has a sweet tooth.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by luvmypets, Nov 27, 2011.

1. luvmypets

luvmypets Member

And he like potato chips.

He sneaks sweets. One time he licked the sugar off of my donut when I went get a coffee refill. He tries to take chips out of my hand.

I crumble one chip up into tiny pieces and that satisfies him. I know he should not have it but one chip in a blue moon won't hurt.

What things to your cats like?

luvmypets, Nov 27, 2011
  2. luvmypets

christy sharpton Active Member

I had a cat who loved choclate cake. I know choclate is bad for cat's, but he only ate a little bit and never got sick. I also have a cat who loves cheese and eggs.

christy sharpton, Nov 29, 2011
  3. luvmypets

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat has a sweet tooth too! He likes eating cookies (I don't give them to him, but if you leave them lying around he'll lick them or eat your crumbs), ice cream, yogurt and cake. My cat loves bread and baked goods. He is so strange! His favorite is ice cream. He will put his entire head into your cup or bowl if you have ice cream.

steph84, Nov 29, 2011
  4. luvmypets

luvmypets Member

My friends cat liked vegetables. She gave him a spoon full of her turkey pot pie. The cat ate the carrot and left the turkey and gravy on the floor.

I love my cats! They make me smile.:)

luvmypets, Nov 30, 2011
  5. luvmypets

magickat Well-Known Member

Some of my cats love cake! I am a keen baker and make a lot of cakes and two of my cats are very partial - even to fruit cake! They even like the little wrappers off muffins and fairy cakes.

magickat, Nov 30, 2011
  6. luvmypets

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I had a cat that loved mint chocolate chip ice cream. We had just had a couple of bowls and left them on the counter and a few minutes later, we heard "ding-DING, ding-DING" coming from the kitchen. Sure enough, the kitten was on the counter, licking the coating from the inside of the bowl. Since then we always gave him a smidge when we had some. We'd try to keep him from getting too much of the chocolate, and he never had any side effects from it. He lived to be 15.

Wallie0921, Nov 30, 2011
  7. luvmypets

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I once had a cat that never begged for any type of food but crisps. She absolutely loved them and every once in a while I gave her one. She would than devour it and go to sleep purring happily afterwards. There are a lot of things that aren't good for our pets and I try to keep them as healthy as possible, but you can't protect them from everything. I occasionally will drop something on the floor by accident and once they taste something they like it's hard to resist to give it to them every once in a while. It's just one crisp. Concluding to all the things I read in this forum regular dry food isn't that good either, so even when we are trying our hardest it might not even be enough. So if they have a treat every now and then, that doesn't have to be a problem.

Yolanda, Nov 30, 2011
  8. luvmypets

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

That is so funny, I have never known of a cat who likes sweets. One of my cats do love pickles, I think that is really odd but she loves pickles. My other cat loves to lick the spoon clean when we feed him his cat food, that is so cute I think.

Wahcashmom, Dec 1, 2011
  9. luvmypets

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I cannot eat any cookies without giving Green Seven his share. Anything sweet is fine with him as long as I am also eating it. Talk about a safe cat!

Victor Leigh, Dec 1, 2011
Ask a Question