My cat devours all of the chicken wings... is this safe?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by erik, Mar 13, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

I sometimes feed my cat with chicken wings and when I do, she would eat the whole thing and leave nothing behind.
    Should I be concerned with her choking to death or is this what cats normally do?
    Other times tho.. she would just leave out the chicken bones...

erik, Mar 13, 2015
  2. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

If I recall right you said she is a stray cat? Well, if she goes with no food for a while, she might feel so hungry she eats the bones too. It can be dangerous, yes, because bones can't be digested well, so I must say she is so lucky she hasn't had any kind of stomach or intestinal rupture.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
  3. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

Well in the early days Twinkle stole some chicken and he did not choose the part. He took whatever he came upon first and had a feast. I never had worried about bones. The few times he was involved in the criminal activity I arrested him before he had reached the bone. The thing is I always allowed him to get away with a slap on the wrist. Have a read of this information.

http://feline-nutrition.org/answers/answers-raw-diets-and-cats-what-about-eating-bones

Anne, Mar 14, 2015
  4. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Wow that's good to know. Hooray for all the bones! I might have to break them into smaller pieces tho just to be on the safe side.

erik, Mar 15, 2015
  5. erik

hunya Member

Why doesn't my cat eat chicken? She is very particular with food. I don't even know how to feed her.

hunya, May 29, 2015
  6. erik

erik Well-Known Member

My cats would eat just about anything when they are hungry ... Try to feed them on a specific schedule and don't feed them anything on between. You can also chop down the chicken into small pieces and see if it works...

erik, May 31, 2015
  7. erik

ellie Active Member

Tink is very picky too, I can't imagine her eating the bones. It's interesting what different cats will and won't do. I'm sure your little one is going to be safe. She sounds like a tough little kitty for eating chicken bones lol.

ellie, May 31, 2015
  8. erik

superbobby Member

I wouldn't risk Tommy from choking to death. I'm not even sure if they can digest it well.

superbobby, Jun 2, 2015
  9. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob is the same way :) He is too picky to eat the bones, he always leaves them behind when we treat him to some chicken, yes, even chicken wings :O Some cats can eat it all, but others won't bother. I must say my dog is even more picky than my cat though.

Trellum, Jun 4, 2015
Ask a Question