Music and television

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

I was just wondering whether anyone's cat likes watching television or listening to songs. I have seen videos online of cats dancing in front of the television in time to the music and so on. Does anyone's cat do that? Do they have a favourite show or song? Our cat never paid any attention to television or music at all.

GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

mariposa Well-Known Member

Oh yes, our cat loves television! I have a butterfly video for her and another one that's a "cat sitter" video with all kinds of things on it that she watches. When it gets to the part of a cat playing with a string, though, she leaves the room every time. Strange behavior! :) Just minds the other cat, not the ducks, birds, fish, or chickens.

It's mostly those videos and a few shows that have a lot of movement on them, though.. not regular programs. That butterfly video usually has her right up by the screen staring at it and I always expect her to jump up and try to catch them.

mariposa, May 4, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

My cat watches TV with me a lot. He pays way more attention than my dogs, both of my dogs aren't interested in the TV at all. But the cat is ;) I watch mostly cartoons, so he gets to watch a lot simpsons and south park. He gets even more interested if he sees other cats on TV :p

Trellum, Jan 7, 2014
Ask a Question