Movie: Puss in boots

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Yolanda, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether this is considered a product that suits this topic or not, but I've seen the animation picture Puss in boots which I totally adored! I loved the little ball of fluff called Puss in boots from the other Shrek movies, and had high expectations of the movie. I wasn't disappointed one bit. Funny story line, good moral and awesome graphics ones again. Not to mention good voice overs (Antonio Banderas, yes!). I don't want to give away the plot or anything, so I am just going to leave it at that. If you have any chance to get your 'paws' on it, I'd say give it a try :)

Yolanda, Dec 11, 2011
  2. Yolanda

Becky Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you think it's good! I've been wondering whether to go and see it, but I wasn't sure whether it would be like another one of the recent Shrek Films (in my view they should have stopped at Shrek 2 - the rest haven't been very good).

Now to persuade my husband to come and see it with me...!! :D

Becky, Dec 12, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  3. Yolanda

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I loved Puss in Boots, too. I went with my cat-loving son and one of my cat-loving friends. We had a great time.

I thought the cat animation was fantastic (slightly OT: as was the bird animation in "Rio"). They really made them move like cats, particularly in the Cat Cantina scene.

Wallie0921, Dec 14, 2011
    Yolanda likes this.
  4. Yolanda

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Sound like Puss In Boots gets a thumbs up! I haven't seen it yet but plan to once my youngest son is home from his vacation in Puerto Rico.

Micheleteresa, Dec 14, 2011
  5. Yolanda

Becky Well-Known Member

It's definitely on my 'to be watched' list! My friend said she wants to see it too, hooray!

Becky, Dec 15, 2011
  6. Yolanda

Yolanda Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you found someone to join you, Becky ;-) I agree with Wallie that the motions are really well. They have studies cats for sure, without it turning into a wild life documentary, lol.

Yolanda, Dec 17, 2011
  7. Yolanda

magickat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review, I will definitely be giving this movie a go :)

magickat, Feb 12, 2012
    Yolanda likes this.
  8. Yolanda

btatro Well-Known Member

My kids loved it! The only thing I did not like were the sexual innuendoes between Puss and the female cat. Puss was made out to be quite the womanizer! Of course the kids didn't really get it (like other adult humor in the Shrek movies), but I was slightly put off by it.

btatro, Apr 8, 2012
  9. Yolanda

wils172 Active Member

I saw the movie and liked it quite a bit.

wils172, Apr 9, 2012
  10. Yolanda

Jessi Well-Known Member

I just saw this in the movie store last night and didn't even know they'd come out with it! I loved Puss in the Shrek movies, but kinda figured the movie would be a lame attempt at a spinoff, so I didn't get it. Seeing positive reviews makes me regret not picking it up, though!

Jessi, Apr 12, 2012
  11. Yolanda

tajnz Well-Known Member

I'll have to get a copy of the dvd as I've heard only positive reviews of it. I didn't see it while it was in the cinemas as spin offs sometimes flop. However "Puss in boots" has a high imbd and rotten tomatoes score and rave reviews. :) I might get it out to watch with my mum as her cat when she was a little girl was called Puss in boots because of his markings that looked like cute little boots. My mum kept him even though she was allergic and would sneak him under her bed as he wasn't allowed in her bedroom.

tajnz, Jul 2, 2012
  12. Yolanda

blackcapped Active Member

I saw Puss in Boots at the dollar theater one evening when I didn't have anything to do. I liked the movie, but there were some parts where I became a little bored. It must have left an overall good impression though, because I still recall several of the characters and scenes.

blackcapped, Jul 18, 2012
  13. Yolanda

nikki Well-Known Member

It was a cute movie but not one to actually buy IMO. Hopfully they come out with a sequel

nikki, Aug 15, 2012
  14. Yolanda

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

Great movie! Well, the first few times anyway! At this point I can't begin to tell you how many times my son has made me sit through that movie, it's gotten to the point where I've told him he needs to pick another movie to watch at night or I'm not buying him anymore dvd's (he has several that he begged me for yet there they sit, still in their plastic wrapping!) Overall though, it was a really cute movie, with just enough adult humor in it to make it entertaining for the older crowd as well.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 10, 2012
Ask a Question