Monster and Jasper

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by jenb128, May 5, 2012.

1. jenb128

jenb128 Member

They were warming up daddy's chair for him! Jasper (R.I.P.) is on the left, and Monster is on the right. Monster's real name is Hook, but he's always been the Monster cat, and he responds to "Monster" more than he responds to "Hook."

Jasper looks rather disgruntled in this photo, but as you can see in my avatar, he wasn't always so grumpy. In fact, he was probably the sweetest kitty I've ever known, and I've known quite a few throughout my life. Maybe he was going for that "distinguished gentleman" look. ;)

[​IMG]

jenb128, May 5, 2012
  2. jenb128

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think I know why Jasper is looking exasperated. He's thinking something like, "Why must this fat lump of fur share my photo shoot?"

Victor Leigh, May 5, 2012
  3. jenb128

jenb128 Member

LOL! I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. They usually got along pretty well, but the monster has a way of hogging the spotlight. I lost track of how many times he walked in front of the camera when I was trying to take pictures of Jasper (or anything else for that matter). He never liked it when Jasper got more attention than him (now he only has the bird to contend with).

jenb128, May 5, 2012
  4. jenb128

In that case, make sure the bird is in a secure cage. You never know when Monster might decide to eliminate the competition, so to say.

Victor Leigh, May 6, 2012
  5. jenb128

jenb128 Member

Oh yeah, I'm extra careful about my birdie! At night and when I'm not home the bird stays in the spare bedroom with the door closed, and I bought the heavy-duty "cat resistant" cage for him. He does get plenty of out-of-cage time as well, but it's well supervised and I shoo the cat to a different part of the house (the Monster isn't happy about temporarily losing access to some of the house, but he deals with it). :)

jenb128, May 8, 2012
  6. jenb128

A cat-proof bird cage like this?
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, May 9, 2012
  7. jenb128

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that Jasper is no longer around, that's a gorgeous photo (even if he does look disgruntled!). Looking forward to hearing more about Monster :)

Becky, May 9, 2012
  8. jenb128

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw Jasper was so photogenic! He looks like a natural! I love it when kitties get along and lay next to each other. It is so cute. I love Monster's coat! I just want to pet them both!

steph84, May 9, 2012
Ask a Question