Mitra&Tabu

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by violino, May 4, 2012.

1. violino

violino Well-Known Member

Let me introduce you.. Tabu:
    DSC00250.JPG

And Mitra:
    IMG_5721.JPG

And a few more pictures:)

IMG_4897.jpg
    DSC00301.JPG

DSC00199.JPG

DSC00887.JPG
    I must say they are not the cat's I wanted to have but you know.. you can' choose your children, you love them the way they are ;)

violino, May 4, 2012
  2. violino

Becky Well-Known Member

Cute photos! I love the pictures of Mitra in the sandal! :)

Becky, May 9, 2012
  3. violino

Thank you, Becky :) I love this photo too. She was soooo cute when she was small. Now she's wild and grown up :p

violino, May 9, 2012
  4. violino

I was looking for something else but I've found this and I wanted to show you what my dog did to Mitra when she was small :D

And this is how first fights with Tabu looked like. Mitra was a very brave and self confident kitten ;)

violino, May 24, 2012
  5. violino

Mystique Well-Known Member

LOL - Your cats are adorable! I love the videos - thanks for sharing, violino. You're right, they may not be the type of cats you want, but they are yours for a reason ;)

Mystique, May 30, 2012
  6. violino

tajnz Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your photos of your cats. Each photo is adorable. I'm just curious ... you don't have to answer if you don't want to but how did Tabu get his/her name? I'm asking as I have a similar name and am called Tab for short. So I couldn't help but notice Tabu. I think it's a lovely name for a cat by the way. :) Actually Mitra is a wonderful name for a cat too.;)

tajnz, Jun 14, 2012
  7. violino

Both names just came to me, without a reason. I was waiting for the names to come and they did. Mitra turned out to be a perfect name, as I was hoping she would sort of connect Tabu and a dog, and this name is a name of god of friendship in Mesopotamia. But I didn't know that when it came to me:)
    And Tabu doesn't mean anything (I mean, for my cat), this word came to me and I felt it would be perfect for her (although I didn't know yet if it was her or he).

violino, Jun 14, 2012
  8. violino

tajnz Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the stories behind your cats names. I can relate to adopting a cat and sensing what sort of name would suit it. I guess it's just like people naming babies. I love the name Mitra and had no idea Mitra was the name of the Mesopotamian god of friendship. That's really neat. I still like the name Tabu too it's so unique.

tajnz, Jun 16, 2012
  9. violino

Thanks, tajnz.
    It's funny, because in Polish words have genders, like "a cat" in Polish is masculine or "a mouse" is feminine. But Tabu is neuter, this name came to me before I had known if it is he or she, so the name would have suited to both.
    And I like this process of sticking the name to a cat (or any other pet). At first it's just a word and just a cat, and calling a cat sounds a little bit weird. But after some time a name BECOMES a cat. That's fascinating.

violino, Jun 16, 2012
    tajnz likes this.
Ask a Question