Meet Zopie - The New Addition to the Family

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Mystique, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was rescued from a couple of druggies. My MIL thought he would make a great company after I received news about my father's heart attack. Being away from family during this trying time is hard, so she decided to give another cat :D In addition, Snowy has been very sick lately and it does not look very good right now with her condition. I must say, Zopie and Azzario have helped a lot in keeping me sane.

I don't know what's up with the colours of my cats - I tend to gravitate towards these colours, even when I get to choose it!

Mystique, Jun 20, 2012
    Micheleteresa likes this.
  2. Mystique

tajnz Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing those cute photos of your new addition. Zopie is such a cute, unique name by the way. I'm glad Zopie found a new home with you and your family, his background sounds unfortunate. I can understand how pets can help when your feeling stressed out too. Hopefully Snowy gets better soon. :)

tajnz, Jun 21, 2012
  3. Mystique

Thank you! I'm just glad that we found one another at the 'right' time. Well, Snowy seems better but will know tomorrow when she goes to the vet again.

Mystique, Jun 21, 2012
  4. Mystique

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Looks like a sturdy little fella there. I like the size of his front paws. btw what's that in his mouth in the first picture? Looks like some kind of candy to me.

Victor Leigh, Jun 23, 2012
  5. Mystique

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your father's heart attack.

Your new addition to the family looks simply adorable! Is he getting along with Azzario ok?

Jessi, Jun 24, 2012
  6. Mystique

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Beautiful kitty's! so sorry to hear your dad had a heart attack.

Micheleteresa, Jun 24, 2012
  7. Mystique

Becky Well-Known Member

I hope your Dad is doing ok, must be a tough time for you.

Zopie is adorable! I'm glad she has found a good home - doesn't sound like her previous owners would have taken very good care of her.

Becky, Jun 26, 2012
  8. Mystique

violino Well-Known Member

I hope your Dad and Snowy are getting better, Mystique!

It's good to have a new little fellow which keeps your mind a little bit away from bad news.

violino, Jun 26, 2012
  9. Mystique

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

What is the story behind the name? It's such a cute unique name but where did you come up with it? He is quite adorable!

Sorry you are having such family troubles. I hope your loved ones are getting better.

HappyRocinante, Jul 3, 2012
  10. Mystique

Thank you, all for the kind and well wishes :) My father is resting until he goes for a bypass surgery. As for Snowy, she didn't make it and it has been a terrible time for me and the kids. Since I received Zopie, my stepson wanted a cat and he has grown attached to Azzario, so I discussed with his mother, and my partner and I decided to give Azzario to the kids.

There was nothing in his mouth in the first picture.. it must be the pink collar that my MIL bought for him :D I took it off because he kept getting stuck.

Zopie got along well with Azzario and I think he missed Rio for quite some time since I gave him to the kids.

When I took a picture of Zopie (at that time, nameless) and showed it to my siblings back home, my third brother said I should call him, Zopie. Somehow, it just seemed right. My MIL loves the name, too :)

Mystique, Jul 16, 2012
  11. Mystique

Rasputin Member

He's adorable! So glad you were able to rescue him and give him a proper home. He has gorgeous turquoise eyes, I've never seen such a color on a cat before.

Rasputin, Jul 16, 2012
  12. Mystique

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Your cat is beautiful and I love the story about how he came into your life. I hope you have many happy years together.

ACSAPA, Jul 26, 2012
  13. Mystique

THANK YOU! He keeps me company, aside from my fiancé :D I'm away from both of them right now and it's sooo difficult!

Mystique, Aug 23, 2012
  14. Mystique

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Oh, that's sad. What happened? I mean why are you away from both your fiancee and your cat? Did you go somewhere very far away?

Victor Leigh, Aug 31, 2012
Ask a Question