Meet my kitties Harley and Merle

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Susan Brown, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

These are my kitties. Harley is the Russian Blue and Merle is the other one. They are my loves! They bring so much joy and happiness to my life.

Attached Files:

Susan Brown, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

Omg!!! They are gorgeous, what breed is Harley? He is gorgeous! So is Merle :) But Harley looks kinda exotic to me. They are both pretty though.

Trellum, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Susan Brown

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. I love my l kitties. Harley is a Russian Blue. He is very handsome. When the sun shines on him, his coat is this silvery blue. I have a good picture of him where you can see that color. I will see if I can find it. He is gorgeous. I fell in love with him.as soon as I seen him.

Merle is just Merle. lol That picture is when he was younger but since he has gotten older he is starting to fill out and is a nice looking cat too. There are a lot of cats that look just like him though. It is his personality that makes him so unique.

Susan Brown, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Susan Brown

Nice!!!!! I have heard Russian blue cats are very sweet and affectionate, is that true? I love the way he looks :O He is indeed very handsome, my neighbor had one of those cats, but I never knew what the name of that breed really was. Did you rescue him from a shelter or something like that?

Trellum, Jul 19, 2015
  5. Susan Brown

Yes Harley is very sweet and affectionate and pretty laid back. I adopted when he was 4 years old from a woman who had him since he was a kitten. She had heart surgery and developed an allergy to cats and could no longer keep him. She had his picture posted online and the minute I laid eyes on him I knew I had to have him. I met up with her later that day and we brought him home. It was definitely love at first sight! :)

Susan Brown, Jul 21, 2015
    Anne likes this.
  6. Susan Brown

Anne Well-Known Member

I used to have a slight fear of black cats but I am coming around. One time I would not even look at Harley for very long but I actually looked at him over and over again and think he looks rather stately. Merle is more my speed though. She looks sweet and innocent. She reminds me of my Twinkle especially as she is there chilling out in the bag. These two make a perfect pair to my mind.

Anne, Jul 21, 2015
  7. Susan Brown

Awwwww!!!! That is such a sweet story!!! You were so lucky you got him first. I'm glad he stayed with you because you are offering him a very good home :) What about Merle? How did you get him?

Trellum, Jul 22, 2015
  8. Susan Brown

Anne Well-Known Member

'Love at first sight', I love that. Like Trellum said that is a beautiful story. I am glad you both found each other. And Merle, what was her story? Whatever it is, she does remind me of my Twinkle in another colour.

Anne, Jul 22, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  9. Susan Brown

Maleic Anhydride New Member

hi , your cats are so attractive!The first sight I saw Merle,I like it ,because he looks like the one I kept when I was young.

Maleic Anhydride, Jul 23, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  10. Susan Brown

Well Merle's story is a little bit different. I always say that we adopted Harley but Merle adopted us. I live in an apartment building on the top floor. There was a girl who lived in the basement who use to own Merle. She brought him home when he was really little, maybe even too young to be away from his mother. Anyway, we use to always see him in her window and comment on how cute he was. When he was about 8-10 weeks old we seen him outside all alone, crying at her window. My boyfriend went and knocked on her door and told her that her cat was outside. She said, "Ya and he's staying out there. I don't want him anymore." Apparently, she said that she wanted a female cat and when she found out he was a male she just threw him out to fend for himself. Of course, we brought him in with the intentions of finding him a new home. We couldn't just let him outside like that. How somebody could ever do that, I will never understand. Well, it wasn't long before he stole our hearts and we decided that we would be his new forever home. One of the best decisions we ever made. He brings us so much joy and happiness. For the most part Harley and Merle get along really good. They have their moments but I always compare it to having kids. Kids don't always get along either.

Susan Brown, Jul 23, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  11. Susan Brown

Anne Well-Known Member

Beautiful story Susan Brown; just beautiful. I smile and was sad all at the same time because I could identify with some of your story. I thought my Twinkle was going to stay with us for a short while until we found a home for him but it was not meant to be. He came and stole my heart and the rest is history. I still get sad that his stay was so short. I am just happy you still have your two in the flesh but my Twinkle is with me in spirit. How the lady downstairs could do that I will never understand but like you said Merle adopted you. I send warm hugs and kisses for both of them.

Anne, Jul 25, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  12. Susan Brown

Thank you Anne. Sorry you didn't get to have Twinkle with you longer then you did. At least for that period of time you provided him with a good home and made him very happy. <3

Susan Brown, Jul 26, 2015
  13. Susan Brown

upload_2015-7-29_10-39-21.png

This is a picture of my handsome boy, Harley. This shows his beautiful color when the lights are shining on him.

Susan Brown, Jul 29, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  14. Susan Brown

I love my kitties so much. They bring me so much joy and happiness. There was a time when I lost my last cat that I didn't want to get anymore. I thought my heart couldn't handle loving another kitty only to lose them. I am glad that I changed my mind. The minute I laid eyes on Mr. Harley I was in love and I knew I had to have him. He was such a pretty boy. Then Merle found us and our family is now complete. There is no greater feeling then getting home after a long day of work and having my kitties waiting at the door me for.

Susan Brown, Aug 10, 2015
  15. Susan Brown

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Oh, I just found these pictures of your two cats, Merle and Harley! Melt my heart! Cats just do love hanging out on our beds, getting into bags, and hanging our everywhere!

Although I adore the blue grey color of Harley, I love your statement about Merle! For you see, my Eddie is a common Alley Cat, but it is her personality that shines through that makes her so original.

I am glad to hear you decided upon bringing more cats into your life because they certainly do enrich us in so many ways. Enjoyed your stories, thus far shared on this forum!

Herman&Eddie, Sep 6, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  16. Susan Brown

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. They mean so much. I love my kitties. There was a time a few years back when one of my fur babies passed away that I thought I could never love another kitty. I couldn't stand the thought of going through that pain again. Then a seen a picture of Harley in the classifieds and I knew I had to have him and then Merle came along. Having more kitties has been a good decision. They make my life complete.

Susan Brown, Sep 8, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  17. Susan Brown

tajnz Well-Known Member

Both of your fur babies are adorable, I can see how they charmed their way into your heart and how much love they must bring into your life. :) It's funny how, you just seem to know when it's right to adopt another cat. Perhaps we don't choose our cats but they choose us. Or perhaps we mutually choose each other.

tajnz, Sep 12, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  18. Susan Brown

Thank you for your compliment. Yes you are so right about that. You both know you are going to make a difference in each other's life. It's a mutual feeling.

Susan Brown, Sep 12, 2015
Ask a Question