Meet Herman!

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Herman&Eddie, May 31, 2015.

1. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I thought, Herman deserved her own thread! Here she is in all her glory. As you can see, the kids were messing around with her and laid a bunch of Sponge Bob (cat toys) on her while sleeping. She is such a good sport and a laid back cat! See, she is even laying on a chord and does not care, either.

She is quite enjoying her vacation time up in Michigan. The other day, she snuck downstairs and was hanging outside my dads office. He has not seen her in years, Boy, was he in for a surprise. He thought a racoon had gotten into the house! Good thing, he did not smack her with his cane! I think, he was too startled and then soon realized it was our cat! He said, he knew, she was big, not that large. Little did he realize, she has lost a little weight, but not much. When she is sitting up, you can really see her full size; although, this picture does give you an idea of how big Herman is, too!

Herman&Eddie, May 31, 2015
  2. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

She is beautiful :) I see you weren't kidding when you said she was big, she is indeed big, but also very beautiful!! Is she a coon?

Trellum, May 31, 2015
  3. Herman&Eddie

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Thanks! We think, she is beautiful, too. When my son and I picked her up from the Human Society, she was the only kitten there. Of course, we would have chosen her for my daughters birthday gift, even if there were other kittens there. When we looked in the cage, all we saw was this great big head and a tiny body. We never imagined that she would be such a large breed of a cat or be such a furry mess. :p

We should have figured Herman was going to be large. By the time, she was only a few months old, her big size personality was already apparent. When my kids would be walking down the hallway, she would lunge behind them and aim for the back of their knees causing them to fall down, if she caught them unexpectedly. Of course, that was when the kids were smaller. Other then that, she has the most gentle, friendly personality. So it is kind of funny how she scares people with her size.

Oh a coon, well my father sure thought she was a racoon the other day! I think, she is long hair tortoiseshell.

Herman&Eddie, Jun 2, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  4. Herman&Eddie

Trellum Well-Known Member

Ahh! So she is a long haired tortoiseshell! I'm not that good telling the difference between those and coons, excpeting for the color. But I knew for sure she wasn't a norwegian forest cat, hehehe! It's so hard to identify long haired ones for me most of the time :oops:

What a beautiful story! Glad to read she is an adopted cat, they do make the best pets ever :) I actually want to adopt another cat once I move to the netherlands, hopefully Bob will be ok with it. But I'm not even sure they have something like that in the Netherlands, because they don't have the same feral cat problem we have in american, but we will see :) By the way, your Herman is so cheeky, lol!!!! Doing that to the kids!!! Hehehe!

Trellum, Jun 3, 2015
    Susan Brown and Herman&Eddie like this.
  5. Herman&Eddie

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Wow she is gorgeous. I just love her coat, it is so beautiful. She really looks so laid back and easy going. I have always loved a big cat. They are so cool and fun to snuggle with.

Susan Brown, Jul 23, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
Ask a Question