Meet Daisy

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by cluckeyo, May 29, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Active Member

In the middle of the night one night, my dog and I were sleeping and she suddenly erupted into a barking fit. I got up to see what was going on, went into the living room, and standing there on the floor was a little orange and white kitten :). Perhaps 8 weeks old. Very irregular markings as if God had spilt a bucket of orange paint on it. We have a hole under the bathtub floor, and that's how it got in. Right away I fed it, gave it water. It never left. I named it Daisy. One day my electricians wife was out here helping him on a job, she was admiring my kitten and asked it's name. I told her, and she said well, Daisy is a boy. By that time, he had grown familiar with his name and did not want to switch. So Daisy is his name. And he is a very sweet kitty!

cluckeyo, May 29, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Awwww what an awesome story. I am so glad that Mr. Daisy found a great home with you and your family. I always like hearing stories like yours. It warms my heart. You are a wonderful person with a huge animal loving heart.

Susan Brown, Jun 23, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Anne Well-Known Member

@cluckeyo this made me smile warmly. My Twinkle turned up in the late of night in my son's hands a few weeks old I assume and he was named Twinkle. The only pet I have not named. Some MONTHS later I would find out 'she' was really a male. He was already responding to Twinkle and we all felt there was no need to change the name. I believe if I search through some of my old posts I might still find me referring to him as her. Even now when I am telling stories about him I refer to him as her. In the end I was happy with the name choice because even though he's gone, he is Twinkle the shining star that remains in my heart.

Mr Daisy. I love it!

Anne, Jun 23, 2016
Ask a Question