Meet Azzario!

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by Mystique, May 15, 2012.

1. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Say hello to my new family member, Azzario! So far, Snowy, the older cat doesn't seem too fazed by Azzario. On the other hand, Azzario LOVES to be around Snowy, which I think Snowy is just being the "cool cat" and ignoring the little one *shame* :D

[​IMG]

Mystique, May 15, 2012
  2. Mystique

Here's another one...

[​IMG]

Mystique, May 15, 2012
  3. Mystique

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

Aee how cute! I had a similar situation with my cats when I first brought them home. Mouth thought the older cat we had, Gladriel, was his mom or something and she didn't want anything to do with him.

HappyRocinante, May 16, 2012
  4. Mystique

Thank you! The photos were slightly bigger - lol but somehow today, they turned small. I love the first photo because Azzario looked like an owl - lol.

Well, I think Snowy is showing an attitude, not only towards Azzario, but towards us as well. She normally sleeps at the edge of our bed, but she didn't for two nights now. Azzario likes to sleep downstairs and he hasn't really slept with us except when we are working downstairs. I hope Snowy would give in soon... poor Azzario doesn't have a friend to play with... hehe

Mystique, May 16, 2012
  5. Mystique

Becky Well-Known Member

What a cutie! :)

Becky, May 18, 2012
  6. Mystique

Thank you, Becky.

An update: Snowy is slowly getting used to the idea of having Azzario around. I think she finally accepted the fact that he's not going anywhere :p

Mystique, May 18, 2012
  7. Mystique

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Look at that hair, such a cutie! And I really do love the name, that is so precious!

Wahcashmom, May 18, 2012
  8. Mystique

violino Well-Known Member

You Azzario looks great (at least from the distance :D ). What breed is it? And how old is he?

violino, May 18, 2012
  9. Mystique

Thanks, Wahcashmom! The name just popped out of my head (my fiance doesn't really like it but he had no choice - lol). I need to get him to the vet today, as he doesn't seem well :(

Azzario is 5 months and he's Persian.

Mystique, May 19, 2012
  10. Mystique

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think Snowy is just jealous of the newcomer. Show her more love than usual and she might not feel neglected. Try feeding them at the same time but use separate bowls. Keep the bowls about two to three cat's length apart but in the line of sight. Putting one bowl on one step of the stairs and the other bowl two steps below or above can also work.

Victor Leigh, May 20, 2012
  11. Mystique

Thanks, Victor. Yeah, I did that and they're getting along now. Snowy doesn't move anymore when Azzario stands or sits next to her. I caught her cleaning Azzario but stopped when I made my presence known.. cheeky bugger that Snowy! I'm happy she didn't make such a huge deal about it. I think she just wanted to be the "main" cat of the house and I don't think Azzario really cares about taking over. He's just minding his own business right now.

I've kept them inside, especially Azzario because he's not used to the dogs (neighbours' pets) yet. Aria is Great Dane and Frosty is Labrador, Aria is HUGE and they come to visit pretty often (they don't come inside, only at the front stoop) since my MIL leaves treats behind for them when she visits us. So, I'll treat them to the bikkies. Snowy is fine with them, as she has gotten used to them. I have yet to see their reaction towards Azzario, so I'll keep him inside for now.

Mystique, May 20, 2012
  12. Mystique

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Your new kitten is gorgeous. I love his fluffy hair. Snowy is a beautiful cat too. It's good to hear that the cars are getting along now. I like the name Azzario, it sounds like something from Assassin's Creed, like Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.

ACSAPA, Aug 3, 2012
  13. Mystique

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Maybe you should be holding Azzario the first time you take him out to meet the dogs. No idea how both parties are going to react. Always better to be on the safe side rather than regret later after an accident.

Victor Leigh, Aug 3, 2012
  14. Mystique

steph84 Well-Known Member

So cute! I love Azzario's wild hair! It's beautiful and looks super fun. Glad to hear that he is getting along well with your other cat.

steph84, Aug 5, 2012
Ask a Question