Manx syndrome

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Julie, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Julie

Julie New Member

Hello,

I recently adopted a kitten from our local animal shelter. Unbeknownst to me he had Manx syndrome or Spina bifida. He is absolutely precious and his condition really doesn't slow him down in the least. He hops like a rabbit and is very fast! My issue is that he is semi incontinent. I think he can feel he needs to have a bowel movement as he goes to the litter box. Unfortunately he either can't feel that he has had the movement or doesn't have the spincter muscle needed to complete the movement. This means he leaves the litter box with his movement still attached and drags it around the house until it falls off. We love him, but can't continue with cat poop all over the house. I don't have any extra room in the house to make a room for him. I also don't want to make him stay outside as I feel he would be an easy target for predators if he were to leave the yard.

Does anyone here have experience with this? Do you know if it's possible to get him on a BM schedule or to stimulate him to have a BM on command?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Julie and Finn

Julie, Jul 19, 2017
Ask a Question