Lucky & Mungo - Both Rescues

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by RealDMat, Oct 25, 2015.

1. RealDMat

RealDMat Well-Known Member

Both of my kitties, Lucky and Mungo, are rescues...

Both were found as kittens either abandoned by their mother, or otherwise. Mungo is our black kitty, and was locked inside of a garage with the rest of the litter he came from, starving to death. Lucky was a frightened kitten wandering around the trailer park I live in, cold and alone until my son and I took him in; giving him his permanent home. :)

Lucky was named so because he was found in the snow, in the freezing cold--and, is lucky to be alive...LOL. Mungo is named after one of the cartoon cats in the Catillac Cats from the eighties cartoon series, 'Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats'. Mungo was the slow one on the show. He was named this because of his inability to cover his poop and a few other reasons. It is a term of endearment. My son and I sometimes think he might quite possibly be a mentally handicapped kitty, but, we have yet to confirm this. :p

I have included an older pic of them, taken at the time of their first meeting... ;)

Attached Files:

RealDMat, Oct 25, 2015
  2. RealDMat

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Your cats are beautiful. They are very lucky to have found their forever home with you and your family. I will never understand people who just throw cats out to fend for themselves and not care what happens to them. I love the choice of names too. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Susan Brown, Oct 25, 2015
  3. RealDMat

Thank you very much. :) I don't either.

RealDMat, Oct 25, 2015
  4. RealDMat

Trellum Well-Known Member

They are both really gorgeous cats :) Thanks for sharing and thanks a lot for rescuing them, by the way... are the rest of the kittens from that litter ok?

Trellum, Oct 25, 2015
  5. RealDMat

Thank you! And, yes--some friends of mine took in the rest!!!

RealDMat, Oct 27, 2015
  6. RealDMat

Anne Well-Known Member

I am trying to catch up on of those fury little sweet hearts I miss while I was away from the forum. It's still difficult for me after more than a year of losing my heart. I still get sad about my Twinkle but today I am happy to meet your little ones.

Anne, Jan 16, 2016
Ask a Question