Let Me Lick Your Ears Clean

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by CinnamonKiss, Feb 7, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bet you weren't expecting a Fennec Fox to be in the arms of a cat AND be getting its ears licked! I think it's awfully sweet and it seems like they're very close.
    Have you seen your cats trying to clean one another? Or any other living creature for that matter?
    Dusty and Sassy clean each others faces and heads. Our only other past pair of cats who did that were Sabrina and Ojo, and they were not related but Sabrina treated him like he was her kitten well into his adult life.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 7, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

My dog constantly gets in trouble for trying to clean the young cat's ears like this. It wouldn't be so bad, but he can get kinda rough with it and it causes her ears to get irritated because he licks too much inside, too.

Jessi, Feb 8, 2013
  3. CinnamonKiss

Awww, that's sweet! Too bad he doesn't know when to stop, I'm sure the cat feels annoyed at some point. And the irritation seems really unfair since the poor cat didn't ask for the lickings in the first place!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 8, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yeah, she seems to tolerate it for the most part, but then she'll cry/meow sometimes when he gets too rough. She doesn't ever really seem to leave to avoid it, though, so we have to step in. :(

Jessi, Feb 11, 2013
  5. CinnamonKiss

Aw, poor thing.:( Maybe she'll figure out that she can jump up somewhere high to escape it. I saw Dusty licking the inside of Sassy's ears for the first time this weekend. I was really surprised, but my sister said he does it all the time. He doesn't hurt her and it only lasts about 30 seconds for each ear I would guess. It was weird though!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 12, 2013
  6. CinnamonKiss

shdws Well-Known Member

Wow first time I see a fox and a cat hanging out together, much less a cat licking the ears on a fox lol. Wonder how they became friends.

shdws, Feb 12, 2013
  7. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the cat and fox situation and I would guess that the cat owners probably rescued the fox when fox and cat were both babies.
    Animals become friends when they are raised together. The fox seems a little annoyed but calm, this probably happens a lot in their house.

ACSAPA, Feb 12, 2013
  8. CinnamonKiss

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, that is so cute! My cats are always cleaning each other. They all like to lay on my bed and the three of them having a grooming party. The smallest kitty, Sanny, is starting to smell like their kitty saliva. It's cute, but gross at he same time.

steph84, Feb 13, 2013
  9. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

My cats do this to each other all of the time. I take it as a good sign, as they started to love each other after the practice began. Before Sibyl hated Alice, now they're friends.

blurinoctober, Feb 13, 2013
  10. CinnamonKiss

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Aww so cute! Sometimes Pussington will just be running around minding her own business, when out of no where, Bandit comes bounding along, jumps on her, pins her down, and starts licking her face and ears! He is a domineering hair dresser, but I guess he wants her to look her best!

Scottyxx, Feb 14, 2013
Ask a Question