Kittens Rescued by Police Officer from Dumpster are Ready for Adoption

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A litter of kittens are up for adoption, after being saved and lovingly nurtured by Officer Heather Krimm with the Phoenix Police Department.

At around 8:00 p.m. on Sunday July 27 Phoenix, Arizona police officers were called to the area of 3800 W. Camelback Rd. in response to an animal cruelty report. When officers arrived they discovered five newborn kittens that had been thrown away in a dumpster.

Phoenix Police Officer Heather Krimm was one of the responding officers and she attempted to place the kittens with a local Emergency Animal Clinic but the clinic could not take them. So, in consult with the Arizona Humane Society and with the approval of her supervisor, Officer Krimm took the kittens home to care for them.

Officer Krimm has cared for the kittens for the past 8 weeks, and now they are old enough to find their forever homes.

“When I look at them, I just think, ‘I can’t believe someone threw you away,’ ” said Officer Krimm. “It’s a complete disregard for life.”

“They were basically hours old, still had the umbilical cords,” she said. “They were in a box with glass and other trash items. I had taken them to the emergency animal clinic and they couldn’t take care of them.”

“I went to the nearest store and got a bottle and some kitten formula,” Krimm said. “They had never eaten before, I’m assuming. I had to feed them about every 45 minutes. Put the bottle in their mouths, squeeze and get them to try and know that was food and they needed to eat.”

Officer Krimm named the kittens Jezebel, Calico Jack, Thomas, Zen and Marilyn. She has developed a sentimental attachment to all five of the kittens but cannot keep them all, and got choked up at a news conference today talking about the kittens. Little Jezebel, the smallest kitten, will remain with Officer Krimm but the others will be put up for adoption.

http://www.lifewithcats.tv/2014/10/...officer-from-dumpster-are-ready-for-adoption/

Trellum, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Trellum

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Aren't they adorable and sweet. I'm glad that someone found them an recued them. I agree with the police officer I can't imagine how anyone would throw these sweet little kittens away. But unfortunately this sort of thing happens. I remember one time a bag containing kittens and the mother cats was thrown out of a car outside our yard. The kittens didn't survive but the mother cat did, and was taken in by one of our neighbors. I never understand this, I know that cats have a whole lot of kittens and go into many heat cycles, but there are shelters to take these cats if someone can't afford to keep them. I live in Phoenix, but I already own five cats so I have no room for these kittens, but I hope that all of them find good homes.

pafjlh, Dec 20, 2014
Ask a Question