Kisses on Command

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, Nov 5, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

My older cat learned early on how to kiss us whenever we say "Gimme kiss." He will kiss us on our forehead or on our cheeks. It's so cute, but my other two kitties don't like to go anywhere near our faces. Has anyone else trained their cat to kiss them or are we the only weirdos? lol

steph84, Nov 5, 2012
  2. steph84

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No, none of my cats kiss me and I have no intention of teaching any of them to do it. My dogs, though, do not need any teaching to kiss me and I have enough work on my hands discouraging them.

Victor Leigh, Nov 6, 2012
  3. steph84

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cat kisses me! He gets mad some times. Basically when i pick him up o he crawls up me for cuddle times, he walks right up to my face and if i turn away from him he puts his paw on my face, turns me around to face him, and starts lick my chin or nuzzle my face. My girl cat loves my spouse and she will do the same with him and his nose. They are so affectionate!

Scottyxx, Nov 7, 2012
  4. steph84

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have never seen that with cats. I have only seen people train their dogs to do that. Cats aren't usually so easily trained, so I wouldn't even consider trying to train them for much more than the litter box and where their food is, hehe.

Jessi, Nov 7, 2012
  5. steph84

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever noticed what else the cat licks? I mean all those places where it puts its nose and sniff around. That's the main reason why I have never considered teaching any of my cats to kiss me. It's almost as bad as the cats respecting me with their back ends.

Victor Leigh, Nov 8, 2012
  6. steph84

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've always liked the idea of teaching Bob to give me kisses on command, but I doubt he can learn it now. He is an old cat, I find it hard to teach new tricks to an old cat. I think not many cats can learn this trick either, my Bob seems to be really distracted most of the time, doesn't seem to be listening to me so much most of the time.

Trellum, May 10, 2015
Ask a Question