I've Got a Bully

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by RShook, Aug 25, 2023.

1. RShook

RShook New Member

About 18 months ago, I befriended a cat that showed up at our shop. She was very thin and appeared to have been injured at some point in her young life; her tail is broken and she has an odd gait. She adopted me and allows me to pet her but I cannot pick her up. She promptly had a litter of three kittens. I had her spayed. The vet showed me her ovaries because one was small and malformed. Afterwards, she seemed to go into heat twice; she called up a couple of boys and even let them mount her. I asked her vet about it but she didn't really have an answer for the behavior. She began going to the neighbor's house and terrorizing their cats; fighting and chasing. I tried to contain her but she was miserable, so I rehomed her. It's been four weeks and today she found her way back. Apparently, before she got home, she had another go at the neighbor's cats. They are asking me to euthanize her. I can understand their point of view; I love my animals and would do anything to protect them. Is there anything I can do to make her stop hurting their cats?

RShook, Aug 25, 2023
Ask a Question