Is Your Cat Declawed?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mimisweb, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mimisweb

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob isn't and quite frankly I don't think he needs it, he so sweet and considerate unlike other horrid cats I've had the bad luck to meet! Hehehe, just kidding, it's only one horrid cat and it's the meanest and most aggressive one ever! He never retracts his nails, even if playing with children! It used to be a stray cat! It's nasty! I love cats, but this one is just too much for anyone!

Trellum, Oct 21, 2014
  2. mimisweb

Anne Well-Known Member

My Twinkle was never declawed. When I would get the occasional accidental scratch I would think maybe I should have her declawed but in my heart I knew I would never have done it. I read a long time ago that some people actually think it's cruel. I can't imagine a cat without it's paws.

There was this one time, when Twinkle was so happy and playful, and scampering around, she left some paws in my flesh. It was not deliberate. It left me some permanent scars. But guess what. I don't mind. Twinkle left me something more to remind me of him.

Anne, Oct 22, 2014
  3. mimisweb

maryannballeras Member

I've had a lot of cats but none of them got declawed. Not that I don't have the opportunity to, but I just thought that they might get hurt or something. And I was also thinking that they might feel a little awkward being declawed. They haven't hurt us yet, so we're fine with it.

maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014
Ask a Question