Is it safe to use clumping litter for kitty?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Sep 16, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

Gus is 8 months old and I am looking for some litter advice. I want to buy clumping litter but a friend told me no that Gus was too little for clumping litter. That kitties are not suppose to use clumping litter. IS this true and at what age can I start to use clumping litter for him?

catlover2, Sep 16, 2010
  2. catlover2

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

Clumping litter is okay to my knowledge. I've tried it before with my older cats when they were just a little kitten. Although, clumping litter is good, but i'd recommend crystal type litter. It has more better qualities in my opinion

So sorry if this post is up very late. Your kittens are probably all grown up nwo:p.

Mocha&Latte, Feb 23, 2014
  3. catlover2

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have used clumping litter with kittens and they were fine. I don't see any cons to using this type of litter. Have you asked your vet about this? I wouldn't see why it would be for older cats only.

steph84, Feb 24, 2014
  4. catlover2

Trellum Well-Known Member

Clumping litter is fine, if you want to buy it for your kitties then do so. I used it with my Bob, he was just a few weeks old when I found him. He was fine :) I'd not worry about it too much, but if you can buy the crystal type litter then do it.

Trellum, Mar 4, 2014
Ask a Question