I think cats are cuter than babies... is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by erik, Mar 20, 2015.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

I actually think cats are cuter than human babies... is there something wrong with me? haha It's just that when people see babies and infants they go awwww and ooohh and I feel the same with cats but just don't feel the same with babies...

erik, Mar 20, 2015
  2. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with you, but one day you'll have a baby and the cat will come in a close second. I know a youngster who prefer cats dog over humans long after their baby days. As for me, some days I can honestly identify with it all.

Anne, Mar 20, 2015
  3. erik

erik Well-Known Member

it's just that my paternal instincts are activated more by the cries of abandoned kittens and makes me want to take them home and keep them rather than when I hear human babies crying:)

erik, Mar 22, 2015
  4. erik

pafjlh Well-Known Member

No there is nothing strange about this. In fact, my sister refers to our five cats as her baby's. Especially Pepper who was the one who first came into our yard and then she had her four kittens. So, for my sister these are her babies I guess her maternal instinct kicked in when it came to the cats. So, there is nothing uncommon about this some of us do fill that need with our pets.

pafjlh, Mar 22, 2015
  5. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

I also feel the same way, I never go ''awwwwwwwww'' on human babies, to be honest I find NOTHING cute or adorable about them. I have no idea why!!!!! But if I see a cute baby kitten I go totally into awwwwww mode!!! They are so pretty and cute! But human babies... honestly they're all meh for me.

Trellum, Mar 23, 2015
    erik likes this.
  6. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

Trellum., I hope you have no nephews or nieces you plan on introducing to the forum? I would not like them to read of "meh" reaction to them:). If somehow had told me there would be a time when people thought animals were cuter than babies, I would have figured not in a million years. Erik now you know you are not alone. They are quite adorable.

Anne, Mar 23, 2015
  7. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

I was talking about babies in particular, @Anne , not children in general. I have several nieces, but they're beyond the baby age. I don't find it so amusing people saying they think animal babies are cutter than human babies? Actually I know a lot folk who think the same, and some who claim they prefer animals over humans, but that in my opinion is going too far, lol.

Trellum, Mar 24, 2015
  8. erik

Amanda New Member

I feel the same way. Cats come in so many different breeds and colors, and cleaning a litter box is much easier than changing a diaper! Looking at a cats face brings me feelings of warmth and love, but looking at a baby? Nothing.

Amanda, Mar 24, 2015
  9. erik

Anne Well-Known Member

Now that I am in the animal world I am finding more and more people fascinated and more attached to the cute furry animal than the human babies. It comes as no surprise anymore. I do awwww to both human and animal babies.:) I am right down the middle.

I don't even know if to laugh or be sad for the little baby. I am glad you mentioned the litter box. I am sort of torn. I was in panic when I got wind of the first set of cat poop......I don't know I think I prefer to deal with the baby mess....:(

I feel like this is a great subject to debate.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Anne, Mar 24, 2015
Ask a Question