I need cat counsel.

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Gary Wells, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Gary Wells

Gary Wells New Member

I have had a beautiful brother & sister set of Russian Blues for about 9 years now and we have all gotten along well. Until Now. The cats were gi ven to me by a neighbor who had to move and could not take any animals with her. They came with a really nice hooded cat box and both cats have used the same box. Until about a month ago. Dallas, the male used 1 corner and the female, Bella, used the corner diagonally across from Dallas' corner. Now, Bella uses the living room for bowel movements & the kitchen sink drain for urination. They are about maybe 17 years old now & showing some signs of old age. Female has lost her main 4 teeth. I became so upset that I took her to the Humane Society vet to have her euthanized and they told me that she was in such good health for her age that they would not euthanize her & that destruction of my living room is not a good enough reason. I am an old man and they are the only family that I have and I love both dearly and really don't want to put Bella down. Is there an alternative? Any help would be appreciated. & sorry in advance for the long post.

Gary Wells, Dec 16, 2018
Ask a Question