I have a couple question

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Kelly, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Kelly

Kelly New Member

I have a current litter of 5 kittens. They are 6 weeks old. 4 kittens have been eating wet food for over a week but one is still not interested even if I put some in his mouth. How long should I wait to take him to the vet to see if there is something wrong? He is nursing and maybe just a few ounces smaller then the others but definitely not runty. Also my kittens seem healthy active and playful but they all get some small crusties in the corners of their eyes that I wipe out everyday. They aren’t running or goopy and no nasal discharge? Is this something to be concerned about? Thank you.

Kelly, Mar 15, 2018
  2. Kelly

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to hear that, have you tried the kitten with any other food?

Becky, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Kelly

Kelly New Member

I have not as I didn’t want to change up what the other kittens have been eating. Should I separate him and see if he will eat something else? What should I try? I feed kitten wellness right now

Kelly, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Kelly

Becky Well-Known Member

There's no harm in giving kittens a varied diet, in fact it can help prevent them from being fussy eaters when they're older. I would try the kitten on something different to see if there's something else that tempts them. If they aren't eating anything then I would take them to a vet.

Becky, Mar 20, 2018
Ask a Question