How to potty train your cat!

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Trellum, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I might actually try this with Bob in the new house! It makes a lot sense, check it out!

[​IMG]

Trellum, Apr 26, 2016
    GabbyTheTabby likes this.
  2. Trellum

Novelangel Active Member

That's awesome, right up until the point where one of his cute little hind feet slip and go into the drink. Then he'll be traumatized for years and will likely have a set-back and require litter again. I am not even going to try to bite that bullet. I keep my kitty's litter box clean and there is no smell. I live in a tiny apartment so trust me, you would know just as soon as you walked in the door whether that box was clean or not. I like the concept of a cat using the toilet, I really do, but I just fear it because it's so easy to traumatize the more nervous cats and I think I'd prefer to have a litter box backup in cases like that. Plus, what do you do about the cat's natural instinct to scratch to cover up his waste? It doesn't look like the toilet in the above pictures is scratched up, unless kitty has been de-clawed in front?

Novelangel, May 2, 2016
  3. Trellum

GabbyTheTabby Member

I want to try this! Does he urinate in the potty as well?

Also: You have such a beautiful cat!

GabbyTheTabby, May 3, 2016
Ask a Question