How to humanely keep cats out of your garden?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Scottyxx, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Scottyxx

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

A lot of my friends have cat problems in their garden, cats taring up their flowers, or pooping everywhere.

What tips would you give to help keep cats out?

I have heard people say oranges, and from my experience with my two, I would say vinegar works pretty well at deterring them from going certain places.

Suggestions??

Scottyxx, Aug 27, 2013
  2. Scottyxx

steph84 Well-Known Member

I put coffee grounds in my garden. I read that it balances the PH of the soil and most bugs don't like it either. Once I started doing that, my dog and my cats were staying away. Hope that helps. I know you can get free grounds from your local Starbucks.

steph84, Sep 14, 2013
  3. Scottyxx

Trellum Well-Known Member

I like to use a special brand of tobacco all over my garden, I do it to keep snails and other pests away. It has also worked with my cats as well ;) They don't seem to like the smell of that thing, plus they don't like that thing getting stuck in between their fingers. It does charms :) It's very cheap as well, and your plants will really thank you for it!

Trellum, Sep 29, 2013
Ask a Question