How to have a cat with an allergic partner

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by knicole001, Dec 15, 2014.

1. knicole001

knicole001 New Member

I love cats they are my favorite animals :) but my spouse claims to be allergic ( I have no proof of this). So what do you guys think I should do? Would you pick your pet or your mate?

knicole001, Dec 15, 2014
  2. knicole001

Anne Well-Known Member

Anyway, I think you need to first find out whether or not he's really allergic before making your big decision. You might find out you really don't have to choose after all. I still went and did a little digging. See if this link helps you.

As for me I would not want to have to pick one. I'd look for ways to keep them both.

http://cats.about.com/od/allergiesandcats/ss/allergictocats.htm

Anne, Dec 15, 2014
  3. knicole001

PennySafe Member

I love my cats and I don't think I'd want to part with them in order to be with a partner......but if I didn't have them first, I would personally be okay with not having cats if he claimed to be allergic, no big deal. But if you really really really want a cat, then yeah see if you can compromise and see how things go. Maybe he's just saying he has allergies because he doesn't want a cat in the house and/or maybe his allergies aren't that bad. My sister has fur allergies and they flare up sometimes when she's at my house around my cats, but it doesn't happen much. She pets them and everything. I think she has learned not to touch her face at all to avoid any problems.

PennySafe, Dec 23, 2014
Ask a Question