How old was your oldest cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jowjo5, Feb 12, 2013.

1. jowjo5

jowjo5 Active Member

Ours was 18. She was the greatest cat. My husband got her as a gift for me before we got married. Since she lived so long she was around for the birth of our three children, and when we added a dog to the mix.

Sadly we had to put her down as she could no longer walk. But she still purred, wanted to sleep on my pillow and she was a trooper for sure.

The vet agreed it was time for her when I took her in that day. I am not sure if it is normal for a cat to live that long but we loved her and still miss her.

How old are your cats?

jowjo5, Feb 12, 2013
  2. jowjo5

steph84 Well-Known Member

My oldest cat was around 17 years old. She died last year. She was a stray cat my uncle gave us when we first moved into our house. We had to put her down last year because she was deaf and sleeping at the edge of our driveway. A car pulled in and ran her over and left without telling us. She crawled to the front porch and it was so horrible. I am sure she would have lived another year or two. We miss her. My other cats are 6 years old, 9 months and 8 months old.

steph84, Feb 12, 2013
  3. jowjo5

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Our oldest cat was 20 years. My dad gave her to my mom before I was born. She got sickly before she passed, the old age really wore her out at some point and put her in poor health.
    Our current babies are a mom and son, 4 and 3. :)

CinnamonKiss, Feb 13, 2013
  4. jowjo5

Jessi Well-Known Member

My cat is 13. Actually, she's probably coming up on 14, now that I think about it. So she's getting up there in age!

She has some health problems that she's had for many years now, but she doesn't seem to be getting any worse or acting that 'old' either.

Jessi, Feb 19, 2013
Ask a Question