How often do you brush your cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Sep 19, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

How often do you personally brush your cats? My cats get brushed about once every other day. Jerry hates to be combed, but Ella and Cinder love it. They could sit in my lap all day long if I would let them . Do your cats liked to be brushed?

catlover2, Sep 19, 2010
  2. catlover2

I have two maine coons so they need to be brushed all the time. Once we went on vacation for a week and I forgot to tell the sitter to brush Ringo, and we got home and I noticed he was all matted. So he had to be shaved like a lion!

catlover2, Oct 10, 2010
  3. catlover2

perrywalsh New Member

I have 3 pet all of them very sweet lovey . but most likely I love my catty.

perrywalsh, Oct 12, 2010
  4. catlover2

I just got done brushing Joey. I try to brush him everyday . He does not need it everyday I know but for now he seems to really like it a lot. Plus it is a good way for us to spend time together.

catlover2, Oct 14, 2010
  5. catlover2

Ryl22 Member

Hello all! I'm a new cat owner as I have adopted a calico from the shelter. I try to brush her everyday and have in the month that I've owned her. She is getting used to it but at first really fought me. I bought gloves to wear because she fought me on it so much. I no longer need the gloves and she almost welcomes the brush.

Ryl22, Nov 8, 2010
  6. catlover2

catconnection Member

Working in a no kill, animal shelter/rescue all of the long haired cats are brushed daily. This not only keeps their fur from matting but reduces fur balls. The short haired cats are brushed at least twice a week.

Hope this helps.

http://newcatcondos.com/

catconnection, Dec 1, 2010
Ask a Question