How much sleep

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Jessi, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cats definitely sleep/cat nap a lot. The majority of the hours of the day are spent in some form of rest or another.

How much does your cat seem to sleep? Does it change throughout the week or their lifetime?

Jessi, Sep 22, 2012
  2. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I've never been able to total up how many hours out of a day they sleep, since it's off and on all day and night long. There are times when I get up at night to get a drink of water or something and they're running around like its broad daylight.

OhioTom76, Sep 24, 2012
  3. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My can sleeps for like 90% of the day haha! They go to bed with me, and sleep with me for at least a few hours until I fall asleep. Most mornings they are up before me, and perch themselves on my boyfriends back waiting for him to cuddle him.

Scottyxx, Sep 26, 2012
  4. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

When he's not having one of his episodes of The Zoomies, Zod is either demanding that I give him attention by shoving his bum in my face when I'm trying to work at my computer, or he's asleep. He spends probably about seventy-five percent of his time zonked out and snoring. He'll sleep anywhere, although whilst I'm asleep he always wants to sleep on my HEAD, or on my chest. The chest thing was fine as a kitten, but he's way too big and heavy to sleep on my chest now. Besides, who wants a cat bum in the face when they're trying to sleep?

Evilsprinkles, Sep 26, 2012
  5. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I know my cat always tries to shove his bum in my face! Its really not the best way to wake up in the morning, that is for sure!

Scottyxx, Sep 26, 2012
  6. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I know my cat is asleep for 75% of the day! He has a schedule. He wakes u at 6, eats, goes outside and sleeps till 11, comes back in, eats then naps till 2 p.m. Then from 2-2:30 plays, eats and goes back out. Sleeps out front until 5 p.m. then comes in to snack on our dinner. Then he sleeps on my bed till 10 p.m. That cat is out cold!

steph84, Sep 26, 2012
  7. Jessi

andrew320 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! We have two cats, Max and Batman. Max sleeps pretty much all day. It takes him a while to get out of bed in the morning. When he wakes up, he eats and goes to the shower to drink water. He gets back to bed looks around and then naps. He repeats this every couple of hours.

The other guy is much more awake. He mostly sleeps in the late afternoon/early evening.

andrew320, Sep 29, 2012
  8. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the total is. It'd be impossible to calculate both cats at once.
    I'd guess Pepsi sleeps 75% of the day and Neko probably about 50%... both obviously have more soem days.

Epicfied, Sep 30, 2012
  9. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hahaha, this is so true, kitties do sleep a lot! My Bob is always napping somewhere, he seems to be tired all the time, maybe he is tired of being an indoors cat? My in laws cat is a bit of a outdoors cat since he was a stray who was one for very long. He seems to nap less and be alert more.

Trellum, May 1, 2014
Ask a Question