How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by dashboardc33, Nov 2, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

Jessi Well-Known Member

Preferably get cats at around the same time then, too, so that they can grow together. Just like with only children, adding another cat later can cause a different set of issues. My cat was so used to being the only cat that when we added my sister's cat, she flipped out.

Jessi, Jan 4, 2013
  2. dashboardc33

BugM Member

I have five indoor cats and one outdoor cat, and that's definitely my limit. Most people I know only have between one and three cats, but I love my guys (and two girls) and take care of them. They get all kinds of attention all the time, and they're all rescues. It never seems to much to me (though everyone in my house jokes about there being cats no matter where they go). It's easy to keep up with them (fresh litter boxes, water, and food at any given time), and it's great to have them around. With the way all of our schedules line up, someone's always around for them.

I think the deciding factors on how to decide when enough is enough include things like money, space, time (these little guys and girls need attention!), and patience. It can be overbearing at times to have a lot of cats, which I totally get. One to three is a great number, and it seems to be a more "normal" number; it's certainly more reasonable for most people these days.

BugM, Jan 4, 2013
  3. dashboardc33

Epicfied Well-Known Member

It really is. Someone who works all the time or is out quite a bit can't put in the time or effort in taking care of too many animals.

Epicfied, Jan 12, 2013
Ask a Question