How many cats do you have?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Susan Brown, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I have two cats but would be opened to having more. I have always loved cats. Growing up we always had lots of animals around our house. We use to have cats, dogs, ducks, rabbits and even a pig at one time. My family are all huge animal lovers. When I was about 9 the Animal Shelter (SPCA) opened up right next to home so we were there all the time walking the dogs or playing with the kitties. We were always bringing an animal home. lol

Susan Brown, Jul 23, 2015
  2. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

I only have one cat, but I'd love to get 2 or even 3 cats once he dies. I'd not dare to do it now because he is now an adult and the king of the house, bring in a new cat could upset him :( I'm afraid they' end up fighting over their territory.

Trellum, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Susan Brown

Since he is an older cat he probably wouldn't take too well to sharing his territory with another. Cats are pretty set in their ways. They don't adjust as easily to other cats being around as dogs do. They are either going to like the other cat or hate it. My cats play right but for the most part get along really well.

Susan Brown, Jul 25, 2015
  4. Susan Brown

Trellum Well-Known Member

@Susan Brown Yeah, that's why I am waiting for him to be gone, then I might get two kittens :) I don't want him to die off course, but when he is gone I won't want to be alone either. Doing it now would be crazy, but who knows, if the kitten is really young...

Trellum, Jul 25, 2015
    Susan Brown likes this.
  5. Susan Brown

jeskalillis Active Member

We only have the one cat. According to our rental agreement we can only have one. But if we could have more I would think we would have 2 or 3. No more than 3 though. I do like cats, but I think any more would be a bit of a handful.

jeskalillis, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Susan Brown

I totally agree with you on that one. 3 would definitely be the limit for me too, especially with living in an apartment. I have only ever had 2 at a time but lately I have been thinking of getting a 3rd one.

Susan Brown, Jul 28, 2015
Ask a Question