How Does she Tell them Apart?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pafjlh, Mar 8, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

As I have stated Pepper our cat who once belonged to the Feral community has four surviving kittens. Two of these Peppy and Petey too after their mother in appearance. Both have the green eyes and the grey coat that their mother has. I find it hard at times to tell the three apart especially Pepper and Peppy now that Peppy is now the same size as her mother. With Petey its easier to tell the difference because he's a male he tends to be a little more huskier then his mother and sister.

Anway, I have this problem with telling Pepper and Peppy apart, but my sister doesn't. She knows exactly which one is which. She tells me that its Pepper's eyes, but I don't notice too much of a difference in Pepper and Peppy's eyes, but she does. I guess it may come down to the bond she has created with the cats. Oh I love them too, but her bond is deeper and this is one situation where that becomes apparent. Do you have more then one cat that look the same and do you have a hard time telling them apart or can you tell them apart instantly.

pafjlh, Mar 8, 2015
  2. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

Uhm, my guess is that she has had a closer contact to them, it sounds crazy, but after a while you can easily tell which one is which, more than they eyes I'm also guessing it's a gut feeling. Plus some cats approach you in a different way, the body language is a bit different, so if you are good with details you can easily notice.

Trellum, Mar 8, 2015
Ask a Question