How did you decide on your cats names?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by catlover2, Oct 10, 2010.

1. catlover2

catlover2 Well-Known Member

How did you choose your cats names? Rachael is my fav off of the show Friends, so that is why we picked that. My favorite candy bar is Butterfinger, and my husbands is Snickers and our son like Milkyway so that is why we choose those names. And our ragdoll just looks like a baby so that is why we used that name.

catlover2, Oct 10, 2010
  2. catlover2

perrywalsh New Member

koochi is my catty name

like han :) ;-)

perrywalsh, Oct 12, 2010
  3. catlover2

mimisweb Member

My husband brought home our cat as my Mother's Day gift. For days she kept running under the couch and we'd have to keep reaching to get her out of there. She was very shy (not to mention, just plain scared of the new environment). I kept trying to think of a name that somehow related to her shyness when suddenly it dawned on me that my husband had also given me a perfume called "Shiny" that day. That was it! By the way, Shiny by Giorgio Monti is a great fragrance. :)

mimisweb, Nov 20, 2012
  4. catlover2

andrew320 Well-Known Member

My fiancee told me that the name "Max" just came to her when she saw the first cat at the shelter. The second name "Batman" was because he looks just like the superhero, especially the ears!

andrew320, Nov 20, 2012
  5. catlover2

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Well for Bandit, when we first picked him up, the woman said, the boy is the one with a black face. We laughed but it does look as though he is wearing a mask! Also after having him for a day or two he kept on running up behind us and sitting on our bums, so we seconded the name Bandit on jokingly calling him ...offencive term I wont say...

As for Pussington, I have no idea my boyfriend just said, lets call one of them Professor Pussington.

Scottyxx, Nov 20, 2012
  6. catlover2

Jessi Well-Known Member

I actually didn't get to name my current cat. She was named already when we got her.

As for previous ones, when I was growing up I technically wasn't allowed to name the "outside kitties." They thought I would get too attached. Silly parents.....I was going to get attached with or without giving them names. :p So they all had generic names that "didn't count" like MamaKitty, Ugly, etc, lol.

Jessi, Nov 20, 2012
  7. catlover2

steph84 Well-Known Member

I came up with Kitty Love because I just kept saying he was a cute kitty and he loved love. I would pet him and he would purr when I would say "kitty love" so it just stuck. People think it's weird, but it is really fitting because he is so prissy.

steph84, Nov 21, 2012
    Jessi likes this.
  8. catlover2

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I had two cats at once named Dorian and Sibyl. Both of their names came out of A Picture Of Dorian Gray. Our most recent cat is named Alice, after Alice Kingsley. So the answer is we name them after literature and things of that sort!

blurinoctober, Nov 25, 2012
Ask a Question