Homemade cat food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Carnold23, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Carnold23

Carnold23 Member

Has anyone ever tried to make homemade cat food? Or tried a raw food diet for your cats?
    I read about it, and from what I read it is very healthy for your cat.
    Is it hard to make? Time consuming? Does your cat seem to prefer it to store bought food?

Carnold23, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Carnold23

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have tried preparing homemade dog food (recipes I found online), but never for a cat (I'm not counting the times I feed my cat with cooked fish and liver bits or tuna w/ potatoes). I give my cat treats, but I'd never consider feeding him those treats daily. I guess I'd need to search for proper homemade cat food recipes online :) It could be a smart move, considering a lot dog and cat food brands are being found to cause a lot issues and even death.

Trellum, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Carnold23

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I have never made homemade cat food but I did do the raw food diet with one of my cats who had fallen ill.
    They weren't sure what was wrong with her at the vet so I tried the raw food diet. Every day she improved until
    she was back to herself. We never did figure out what was wrong with her but she lived happily and healthy
    for many years after that.

Susan Brown, Nov 2, 2015
Ask a Question