Hi new year here from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Byron nelson, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Byron nelson

Byron nelson Active Member

I’m just rescuing a Maine coon mix
    sarafina. Highest ranking angel.

she is dusty orange. She gust weaned kittens so she is a little thin but she will fill out before long. . I’ve got extensive dog training with my own GSD finishing as fully certified K 9 patrol dog. Ironically as a civilian I couldn’t even ride in the car when he was on dirt. They would call me at 2 AM and say they needed my dog right away but it was a well practiced exercise so as long as log as it was a certified officer with training there was no problem.
    My very first pet was a Siamese cat . I had no experience at and most said you can’t train cats to leash walk but I got him to go out with me and he lived to 21 yr old. As a human I was heavily and roughly trained for dog training but had already learned a good deal about dog training so I worked hard and long with my GSD. And boxer. They both were excited to go work when they saw me with a leash. My Aussie was a trainers delight being a ball of nonstop energy. She could never get enough training and attention. I re homes her with about 75 distinct commands to a person I had trained with. So she went to a very good home. I hated to do it but medical conditions made it impossible to keep her active. I hope the new companion is as easily trainable as my dogs were and I well understand we are into something radically different now so I’ll be asking questions shortly. She is coming by shipper next week. I’m really excited. I hope she is easy to get along with. They said she is a perfect angel. She will get the best of everything as all of my pets have received.

byon

Byron nelson, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Byron nelson

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Byron, welcome to the forums :).

Ian, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Byron nelson

I just got her about an hour ago. She I supposed to be two years old but she is more kitten. She is just delicat.long tail but not much bigger than a finger. I think they must have shaved her as her fur is very short and stiff.long white whiskers. She is very thin her stripes in her coat match her ribs. Also she blends in with my floor so she is hard to see. She is already following me around and sits in my lap. She hasn’t learned how to purr yet or play. She is just exploring the house now.

Attached Files:

Byron nelson, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Byron nelson

I just found. Out my new cat is only a year old not two yrs. no wonder she is so delicate.

she is finally eating some. Got some treats that she nibbles on but the eats cat food too. Ilntry and get some fis for cats wet food. She discovered she can run and play with her toys.she knows where her litter box is without help so that’s good. My pot leather chair is getting clawed so I’ll put my throw blanket over it. She has been in the sun in the window most of the day but she dried all night I’ll have to trim claws tomorrow.

byron

Byron nelson, Jul 1, 2021
  5. Byron nelson

I think she had a long trip and separation issues. I let her in the master bedroom and she settled right in. She is just a kitten and learning to play. She gets the urge to run and bat toys. I finally got her to eat and drink water. We tried a number of tasty treats and she has found them fun and yummy. I’m working on a recal now. Once I get her to come to me by any means I’ll switch to a formal sound then try my small dog whistle. I can wear it on a neck string so I can use it easily. My dogs all responded to it. As quiet as it is they still were able to hear it well over 100 yds away. I’m finding cats are so different than dogs. More later.

byron

Byron nelson, Jul 2, 2021
Ask a Question